floor mount tub filler...

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am removing a fiberglass tub and replacing with a freestanding tub. I want to use a floor mount tub filler as my first choice, wall moount second.
So for the floor mount tub filler I have a few questions(please see attachment for current pic):

1. most of the tub filler online diagram or instructions dotn give much info for hooking up pipe. From what I can see these filler have braided lines that go into the floor. This is fine for below floor access.
I realize I will need to jack hammer out to the wall(the wall is a non bearing its a short wall into toilet room) run the pipes over and up.
Is this the best way to set this up?

2.Since the pipes will require soldering at or below slab I am concerned with water and not getign a good bond, ideas?

3. I am a DIYer, any foreseable code issues, moving pipes, pipes side by side connections to braided connections at or below slab?

Any other considerations?Ideas?

Thanks....
Chris

Chris Fox

Reaction score
ooops no pic

heres the pic...

Attachments

• tub filler.jpg
    tub filler.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 261
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks