tail pipe kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

kathy47

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum and hope some one can help with this problem. My house is about 60 years old and the plubing is about that old too. I was replacing the strainer/drain in the kitchen sink and in doing so broke the tail pipe that attaches to the drain. The piping under the sink is silvery in color. So I need to replace the tail pipe. What type of pipe do I need? It also needs a nipple to attach to the dishwasher. PVC is not allowed in Aldan, PA where I live. So I am sure what to get. So help please

Kathy47

perrycat

Reaction score
I'ts called a dishwasher tailpiece and it's "nut UP" which means there's a flange or lip on the top, and a special plastic washer that I call a top hat due to the shape of it.....you might need to cut it down with a hack saw, or maybe add a tailpiece extension depending on how far down the trap is.
Anyway, it's got a tube sticking out the side of it that the dishwasher drain connects to. I'm assuming you don't have a garbage disposal here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks