(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Many of The lower priced toilets are hand assist type toilets...

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They occasionally clogg but no more than any other low flow I have used.

When I take a dump I flush then do the paperwork then flush again.

The other my wife uses most sticks on a lot and you have to hit the buttons a couple of time to unstick it or it will run for ever.
    Leisure Suit Larry

So you are saying that the Costco dual flush needs to be flushed twice, or it will plug.
    That makes it a pre 90's 3.2 gallon toilet that plugs.
    That's a common problem that others have reported also.

And the cartridge will stick and run forever.
    That's a common problem that others have reported also.

Last edited by Terry; 10-22-2009 at 09:03 AM.

Default Waterridge

My wife and I put a waterridge toilet in our bathroom, flushes great and is really quiet.
    My question is this: if I use the smaller right hand portion of the flush button to flush it pushes both plungers, if I use the larger button on the left the right hand one does not go down.
    The larger left button is for larger deposits?
    The smaller button is for the yellow stuff?
    I'm wondering if the flush button is backward.

Good toilet though

Default Does anyone have a user's manual for the Water Ridge dual flush toilet?

I moved into this house with Water Ridge toilets. They worked great for a few months now. What is the correct way to activate the high or low flush mode? Thank you. --Charlie

Question Mysterious dripping sound after flush and tank refill

WEIRD - THIS POST USED TO BE IN A THREAD CALLED "Mysterious dripping sound after flush and tank refill". Not sure how it got here but it's not about the Costco Wateridge one-piece toilet.

Hi all,

I recently replaced one of our toilets with a low-flow. The bathroom is located above a storeroom from which I can see the drain/cutout and the supply line coming down through the plywood subfloor. After flushing I can hear a dripping/small but somewhat steady stream of water onto the subfloor for about 10 secs while/after the tank is refilling. There is no leak from the toilet drain/flange (we had one initially due to a super skinny wax seal that didn't mate well and water actually leaked through the cutout into the storeroom below but that was addressed) as I was able to confirm when I shutoff the valve and had my wife pour several pitchers of water into the bowl while I observed from below (no dripping sound).

The subfloor does not appear to be wet and no water is dripping through. Again this sound only occurs if I flush and the tank is refilled via the water supply line. Logically, that line is always under pressure, so it should leak all the time if it were the source, should it not? I can't say if this was the case before replacing the toilet but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Before cutting a hole in the wall to take a peek, any advice/insight?

Thanks for any help.

Costco Waterridge dual flush
    Last edited by dripdripdrip; 05-04-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: somehow moved into wrong thread

What kind of toilet is the new one?

I know some people say a Toto with Unifit makes a dripping noise while its refilling/shortly after. Oddly enough I cant hear any such drip on my new Soiree.

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

I have three Soiree's and two made that noise when i first got them and i don't hear it anymore, i think also it may have to do with the toilet being properly levelled.
    My master made that noise for two minutes after flushing and i shimmed it and it seem to go away, but i do still hear it when you add waste to it, but i'm not really conscious of it anymore. It's like a ticking clock when you first get it, it sounds so loud but over time you don't hear it anymore.

Default Costco Waterridge dual flush

Again: WEIRD - THIS POST USED TO BE IN A THREAD CALLED "Mysterious dripping sound after flush and tank refill". Not sure how it got here but it's not about the Costco Wateridge one-piece toilet.

Unfortunately, it's not a Toto with the unifit (prices up here in Canada are just highway robbery for Totos - $500+), just a regular made in china type flange that expects a wax ring. The dripping sound resembles the trail end of what you would hear when you shutoff the shower and the remaining water in the pipe runs out of the main faucet into the tub or the water that streams out of a downspout 2-3 min after a rainshower ends. I'm a bit worried that I'll end up getting a damaged subfloor or worse (like it develops into a major leak).
    The only other thing I didn't mention is that I think this started happening after I installed the toilet and turned on the water supply for the first time again before quickly realizing that I hadn't reconnected the supply line to the tank (nice water fountain effect) - what that would have to do with this I have no clue other than allowing water to flow through that line at a faster rate than usual for those 5 secs of mayhem.
    Last edited by dripdripdrip; 05-04-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Most (if not all) toilets overfill the bowl somewhat. The bowl can only store so much water before it overflows and goes down the drain. I think what you are hearing is normal and resulting from the bowl reaching its normal, full state as any water sent to it from the overflow tube finds its way into the bowl. If it went on for much longer, it might be something else. Not all fill valves shut off like a switch, either, so it could be very slowly still running longer than you think. As long as it doesn't overflow the tank, no problem. The easiest way to check for a flapper leaking is to shut the supply off and then see if the tank level drops. that can cause that sound, but it normally wouldn't stop, and the tank would refill periodically, so that is another telltale sign.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

And again: WEIRD - THIS POST USED TO BE IN A THREAD CALLED "Mysterious dripping sound after flush and tank refill". Not sure how it got here but it's not about the Costco Wateridge one-piece toilet.

jadnashua, I believe you've hit the nail on the head! I re-tried the pitcher test but this time I added it less forcefully in attempt to recreate the overfilling scenario and sure enough then I heard the trickling sound again. The only thing is that it really does sound like water streaming down rather than flowing along the pipe to the first bend so I'm still considering unbolting it all just to verify that the water isn't leaking out anywhere (I "buttered" the flange with wax this time first so perhaps if it is leaking maybe that's why it's not coming down the pipe into the storeroom like the first time) but of course that will mean having to redo the wax ring again. I'll let you know what I decide in the next couple of days.
    thanks for the feedback!

Default Costco Waterridge dual flush

And yet again: WEIRD - THIS POST USED TO BE IN A THREAD CALLED "Mysterious dripping sound after flush and tank refill". Not sure how it got here but it's not about the Costco Wateridge one-piece toilet.

So I decided to pull it up one more time and sure enough there were no leaks around the flange/wax seal so I just cleaned up the wax pieces and re-installed the new one. Still some dripping sounds but now they're different than before (quieter and not the steady streaming sound but it goes on for longer than before) so looks like everything's A-OK, although the toilet's flush leaves a lot to be desired (it seems that the default settings are too weak, so I adjusted the flusher to give a more forceful flush however the water doesn't seem to be directed properly so I readjusted the amount of water in the tank by adding a filled handsoap bottle of water to displace the amount of water). This seems to correct things somewhat by having less water forced out.

Red face

Just replaced an upstairs toilet with one of these babies (after not being too impressed with another manufacturer's toilet I installed downstairs) and it works awesomely! Buttons seem to work properly for me (smaller sized wavy button is on the right and larger one is on the left - lifted the tank cover and verified that on the flush tower inside the tank the one on the right has a 1/2 moon symbol and the one on the left has the full moon). No problems flushing at all and I gave it a good workout!

(One thing to note, this one-piece does not have a lined tank but I guess that could be addressed if condensation ends up being an issue with a DIY styrofoam kit similar to the MOEN one I saw the other day at Home Depot)

Quote Originally Posted by jumpyg View Post
    Hi, I recently saw a "Water Ridge" dual flush toilet from Costco selling for $200. Everything comes in one box, including wax ring and seat. Does anybody know who manufactures this toilet? Is it any good? Seems like a great price for a dual-flush, but I'm not going to buy if it doesn't flush well.

Did you not read all of the post before yours? All known information has been posted. It's not much though.

Default Manufacturer of this WaterRidge toilet

didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread, but the actual manufacturer of this Costco WaterRidge one-piece (model C22055C) is a Chinese co. called Milim G&G Ceramics (got that info from my local municipal toilet rebate list).

This one seems to have a problem when you use the 3 liter flush for I would say a significant "load" but if you use the 6 liter flush, everything works perfectly.
    In the first place, the 3 liter flush is NOT for "significant loads", so if it plugs up then, it is a "user error", not the toilet's problem. If the 3 liter flush was for EVERY purpose, why would they bother having a 6 liter option.
    Last edited by Terry; 04-04-2010 at 07:30 AM.