Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

dmcg2440

Reaction score
Cosco Dual Flush Toilet

I Purchased two of these and installed them myself. it was very easy everything was furnished. They flush extreamly well reguardless what flush cycle you use. They are very quite. One nice feather they have ,that you may not know, is the anti slam seats, very nice. I would recomend them to all.

Weber2

Reaction score
At this point I would NOT recommend these toilets. We (two families) bought eight, four per house; mine have been in for less than a year and two of them are already leaking. Second home only completed a couple of months ago. Can't really return to Costco as we took them to new homes in Mexico; where we really need to conserve water.

If anyone can help with this; as you look in the tank it iappears to be the rubben seal at the bottom.

Help........
Hi, I recently saw a "Water Ridge" dual flush toilet from Costco selling for $200. Everything comes in one box, including wax ring and seat. Does anybody know who manufactures this toilet? Is it any good? Seems like a great price for a dual-flush, but I'm not going to buy if it doesn't flush well.

wr_dual_flush.jpg

Oldcrow1

Reaction score
Water ridge Costco Toilet - poor performance

I wish that I had done a search on this brand before I installed one but I did not know that there was so much new technology in toilets.

The one piece toilet Water ridge pictured in this thread is very stylish but looks aren't everything. Performance matters!

I'm not a plumber but have installed a few toilets in my day and while this one comes with all the parts, the first problem was the flat head on the mounting bolts that were provided. The bolts must be made out of some cheaper metal because without undue pressure one of the heads broke free. You can imagine the first words out of my mouth.

Undaunted I continued with the installation, turned the water supply on and the tank went into a deep sweat and remained wet & lightly dripping for the three days that I had it installed. This is unacceptable in Ottawa where summer humidity levels a quite high. My mistake for not checking if the toilet had a lined tank.

The final straw was the flushing action in either mode, solid or liquids. I don't know what the solid removal rate is but I found it very weak and I was already replacing an older model high efficiency toilet with weak performance. IT'S NOT A HIGH EFFICIENCY TOILET IF YOU HAVE TO CONTINUALLY FLUSH TWICE!! Note there always seemed to be a bit of residue at the very bottom of the bowl. I checked all the recommended adjustments for low flow and there was no way to improve performance.

Okay now I'm tweaked!! :mad: I decided to finally do some research online. Water Ridge is not included in my municipal toilet replacement rebate program because the solids removal rate has not been tested and probably falls below the minimum 500 gram rate.

After much research, I finally decided on the American Standard FlowWise Dual Flush (w/tank liner) from Home Depot with a solids removal rate tested at 800 grams. The toilet was on sale and the bonus is the city will give me a $75 rebate!

I had no questions asked when I returned the Water Ridge to Costco but I wish that I didn't go through the hassle in the first place! All I can say is BUYER BEWARE!

Check out the rated solids removal rate and if its not listed anywhere, just walk away.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

jwlemke

Reaction score
I didn't know anyone carried these til I saw them at Costco. Got two. One has been trouble free. On the other when you use the large flush, the stopper valve doesn't seal half the time. So I go back and jiggle it and it drops down. These are not visible since they are inside this plastic column. Can't see what's sticking. I tried a little silicon spray without luck.
Any ideas

I've had one of these toilets (3L / 6L) for at least 6 months and it has worked very well. Good flushing action. It very rarely needs more than one flush.

In the past couple of weeks I've had a similar problem. For full-flush only, the stopper valve doesn't always fall down to close the tank exit and it runs and runs...

Fiddling with the mechanism, I came up with this fix. Try it out.
Shut off the water. Flush. Remove the stopper-valve tower - an eighth-turn CCW as I recall. On one side of the tower there is a vertical yellow bar with a turquoise inverted cup attached. There are notches on the yellow bar so that the cup can be adjusted up or down. Move the cup up two notches. Re-install the tower, turn the water on and try it out.

The cup traps air as the tank fills and then lifts up. This holds the stopper up. As the water level drops, the cup drops and the stopper can close. This adjustment appears to have fixed the problem for me.

There is also a red sliding door on the tower. Does anyone know what that adjustment is for? I set mine to the middle position.

Cheers,
Jim.

jwlemke

Reaction score
What adjustments worked for me

After some more experimenting, it seems the final answer is:
-turquoise inverted cup - move it down it's ratcheting bar to make the 3L flush stronger
-red sliding door - move it down to make the 6L flush stronger

Jim.

jma9075

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money

We bought three of these toilets in April 2008 in Vancouver, BC as were were renovating three bathrooms in our house. Two have been installed. And we have been using them for at least a year now. These are the problems we have encountered. I hate these toilets and we are taking the third one back and buying a Toto.

1. The flush button on one keeps sticking down causing the water to run.
2. The seal went on the one toilet after about 8 months had to be replaced.
3. I find the bowl very shallow... man pee sprays everywhere. Not my idea of easy clean up.
4. It usually takes 2 flushes to clear solids. Sometimes three.
5. The seat is difficult to clean around and has already shifted it sits crooked on the toilet bowl.

I wish we could take the other two back too but I doubt even Costco would take those back.

These toilets were both installed by a licensed plumber.

Dray

Reaction score
Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet from Costco

I purchased a Water Ridge dual flush toilet from Costco in January 2009. It is a single piece toilet that is well constructed with a very nice finish. I had four toilets in the house, three American Standard and one Kohler. They were installed in the 70s and are about five gallon flush toilets. At an age where a prostate condition causes frequent urination, I decided to look for some new toilets or install some urinals. I saw the Water Ridge dual flush at Costco and decided to try one. I own apartment building and have done building and remodeling of apartments and houses. I have personally installed many toilets over the years and the Water Ridge is one of the best toilet that I have ever installed. A single piece toilet is a real plus. The kit was very complete and the hardware is of good quality. I was concerned about replacement parts, but found that the water control valve is a Fluid Master available at most hardware and building supply stores. I checked with Water Ridge and found that the flush valves are warranted for ten years and are available. The toilet I installed in January worked so well that I installed a second one in August. It is in a bath that has a bidet. I looked for a bidet that is similar and found that the Toto Carrollton is a very close match. I purchased one and am in the process of installing it. The slow fall seat that comes with it is another plus even though it is a bit flimsier than the Westport slow fall seat that I have on another toilet. The bottom line is that the dual flush Water Ridge toilet WORKS WELL, IS OF HIGH QUALITY, AND IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Water Ridege dual flush single piece has tight bends at the trapway.
This type of trapway tends to collect things that fall in over time, reducing the ability of the flush.

I get my share of calls from people that own them, either looking for parts, or complaining about the flush.

leisure suit larry

Reaction score
CostCo Water Ridge toilet

I purchased two of these toilets for 200 each. My city Albuquerque,nm gave me 150 towards each toilet, so I got them for pretty cheap. They are one piece so less chance of any leaks. Duel flush to save water. They occasionally clogg but no more than any other low flow I have used. When I take a dump I flush then do the paperwork then flush again. Most of my work is #1 so I am saving a lot of water.... One toilet is flawless, the other my wife uses most sticks on a lot and you have to hit the buttons a couple of time to unstick it or it will run for ever. I think with her long nails she is not giving the button a positive push. She of course doesn't think that. I am looking for where to purchase another duel valve for here toilet. That is how I came upon this website. I am happy with my purchase and costco will take it back for ever for any reason so you can't really go wrong.

larry

ChuckS

Reaction score
I've sold over 200 of the Toto Aquia dual flush, and they don't have that issue.
aquia_angle.jpg

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet

Wow, $319 for a toilet. Now that is a throne. When you guys were saying buy expensive, I was thinking of the one I saw for $108 at Home Depot. It was more than the $69 model.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Many of The lower priced toilets are hand assist type toilets...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
They occasionally clogg but no more than any other low flow I have used.

When I take a dump I flush then do the paperwork then flush again.

The other my wife uses most sticks on a lot and you have to hit the buttons a couple of time to unstick it or it will run for ever.
Leisure Suit Larry

So you are saying that the Costco dual flush needs to be flushed twice, or it will plug.
That makes it a pre 90's 3.2 gallon toilet that plugs.
That's a common problem that others have reported also.

And the cartridge will stick and run forever.
That's a common problem that others have reported also.

wr_dual_flush.jpg

Last edited:

Scottola

Reaction score
Waterridge

My wife and I put a waterridge toilet in our bathroom, flushes great and is really quiet.
My question is this: if I use the smaller right hand portion of the flush button to flush it pushes both plungers, if I use the larger button on the left the right hand one does not go down.
The larger left button is for larger deposits?
The smaller button is for the yellow stuff?
I'm wondering if the flush button is backward.

Good toilet though

guozh

Reaction score
Does anyone have a user's manual for the Water Ridge dual flush toilet?

I moved into this house with Water Ridge toilets. They worked great for a few months now. What is the correct way to activate the high or low flush mode? Thank you. --Charlie

dripdripdrip

Reaction score
Mysterious dripping sound after flush and tank refill

Hi all,

I recently replaced one of our toilets with a low-flow. The bathroom is located above a storeroom from which I can see the drain/cutout and the supply line coming down through the plywood subfloor. After flushing I can hear a dripping/small but somewhat steady stream of water onto the subfloor for about 10 secs while/after the tank is refilling. There is no leak from the toilet drain/flange (we had one initially due to a super skinny wax seal that didn't mate well and water actually leaked through the cutout into the storeroom below but that was addressed) as I was able to confirm when I shutoff the valve and had my wife pour several pitchers of water into the bowl while I observed from below (no dripping sound).

The subfloor does not appear to be wet and no water is dripping through. Again this sound only occurs if I flush and the tank is refilled via the water supply line. Logically, that line is always under pressure, so it should leak all the time if it were the source, should it not? I can't say if this was the case before replacing the toilet but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Before cutting a hole in the wall to take a peek, any advice/insight?

Thanks for any help.

Costco Waterridge dual flush

Last edited:

Chrisexv6

Reaction score
What kind of toilet is the new one?

I know some people say a Toto with Unifit makes a dripping noise while its refilling/shortly after. Oddly enough I cant hear any such drip on my new Soiree.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I have three Soiree's and two made that noise when i first got them and i don't hear it anymore, I think also it may have to do with the toilet being properly levelled.
My master made that noise for two minutes after flushing and i shimmed it and it seem to go away, but I do still hear it when you add waste to it, but I'm not really conscious of it anymore. It's like a ticking clock when you first get it, it sounds so loud but over time you don't hear it anymore.

dripdripdrip

Reaction score
Costco Waterridge dual flush

Unfortunately, it's not a Toto with the unifit (prices up here in Canada are just highway robbery for Totos - $500+), just a regular made in china type flange that expects a wax ring. The dripping sound resembles the trail end of what you would hear when you shutoff the shower and the remaining water in the pipe runs out of the main faucet into the tub or the water that streams out of a downspout 2-3 min after a rainshower ends. I'm a bit worried that I'll end up getting a damaged subfloor or worse (like it develops into a major leak).
The only other thing I didn't mention is that I think this started happening after I installed the toilet and turned on the water supply for the first time again before quickly realizing that I hadn't reconnected the supply line to the tank (nice water fountain effect) - what that would have to do with this I have no clue other than allowing water to flow through that line at a faster rate than usual for those 5 secs of mayhem. :confused:

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most (if not all) toilets overfill the bowl somewhat. The bowl can only store so much water before it overflows and goes down the drain. I think what you are hearing is normal and resulting from the bowl reaching its normal, full state as any water sent to it from the overflow tube finds its way into the bowl. If it went on for much longer, it might be something else. Not all fill valves shut off like a switch, either, so it could be very slowly still running longer than you think. As long as it doesn't overflow the tank, no problem. The easiest way to check for a flapper leaking is to shut the supply off and then see if the tank level drops. that can cause that sound, but it normally wouldn't stop, and the tank would refill periodically, so that is another telltale sign.

dripdripdrip

Reaction score
jadnashua, I believe you've hit the nail on the head! I re-tried the pitcher test but this time I added it less forcefully in attempt to recreate the overfilling scenario and sure enough then I heard the trickling sound again. The only thing is that it really does sound like water streaming down rather than flowing along the pipe to the first bend so I'm still considering unbolting it all just to verify that the water isn't leaking out anywhere (I "buttered" the flange with wax this time first so perhaps if it is leaking maybe that's why it's not coming down the pipe into the storeroom like the first time) but of course that will mean having to redo the wax ring again. I'll let you know what I decide in the next couple of days.
thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks