(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Hello,
    I too just bought one and tried it. I thought for the price, and Costo's return policy, why not. I just installed a Toto Aquia III in my master bath last week so had a high quality dual flush pot to compare to.

The costco unit was every bit as nicely fired and finished as the Toto. I stuck my fingers in the outlet and it appears to be fully glazed. As mentioned, it has everything in the box, including a new faucet and SS braided hose, brass floor bolts and neat chrome caps. The flush tower looks almost the same as the one in the Toto, slightly different but of the same quality and it has a fluidmaster fill valve. Hooked it up and turned on the water and it filled quickly and I was amazed how large the water spot was. Given the Toto has almost none, this one is huge. I first tried the half flush and it quietly and quickly flushed as it should. Later got to try the full flush and it worked perfect on the first try. Not to say this pot is better than or as good as the Toto but I can buy two for what the Toto cost and I had two more pots to change. Only thing it is low, like a regular toilet not high like the Toto which is ADA height. Oh and the included seat is only "so-so". It works okay, but isn't very sturdy. It sells for $169.99 in Austin TX, which is amazing for what you get. Plus I like the sorta "period style" it has..I am going to call them and order an extra flush tower just to have a spare (same with the Toto as nobody carries parts for these like HD or lowes). This pot uses a siphon jet flush with a pretty good wash down. I did turn the flush valve 180 degrees and turned the chrome button around so the buttons are the same config as the Toto. The costco unit has the full flush on the left but the valve will go in either way if that matters. The button looks the same as the ones on the Toto otherwise.

Just my 2 cents, and I am a homeowner, not a plumber..Still glad I put the Toto in the master as the "king's throne" but the costco unit will make dandy guest bathroom upgrades..
    John
    Last edited by jonjonbear; 08-25-2008 at 07:12 AM.

Hi,
    I've had one of these for about a year now -- in fact the picture in the first post is of my toilet!

Works very well -- no problems. Ours cost $200, but I noticed last time I went to Costco the price was $169 -- we may get another one or two for the other bathrooms.

We find that the low setting of the 2 flush settings works fine for all situation -- we never use the high flush at all. It flushes better on the 1.1 gallon flush than our old toilet did on the 1.6 gallon flush.

It was easy even for a non-pro like me to install.

Full story here: http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects...urDualFlus.htm

My only concern is getting replacement parts as WaterRidge does not seem to have any web presence?

Gary

As of February 2009, the WaterRidge dual flush is no longer listed on the Costco web site.
    Last edited by Terry; 02-20-2009 at 10:50 AM.

Default Water Ridge dual flush from Costco

I bought two of them they are good, only problem is seat very flimsy, called the CO 866-789-2273, told problem they are sending me new seats...have to wait and see if problem is solved, other than that all is good, arl.

Default Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilets

I didn't know anyone carried these til I saw them at Costco. Got two. One has been trouble free. On the other when you use the large flush, the stopper valve doesn't seal half the time. So I go back and jiggle it and it drops down. These are not visible since they are inside this plastic column. Can't see what's sticking. I tried a little silicon spray without luck.
    Any ideas

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would contact Costco for the new part.
    I've never heard of dual flush flush valves sticking with other brands,
    And you can't just swap from some other manufacturer.

If they are selling it, they should have parts too.

I've sold over 200 of the Toto Aquia dual flush, and they don't have that issue.
    The Aquia has been pretty much bullet proof.

I just checked the Costco web site
    They no longer carry the WaterRidge dual flush, so I hope you kept your paper work.

I see a pressure assist dual flush on their web site now, that must use the Ecoflush from WDI Technology. I've been selling Gerber with those dual flush tanks, half of those have been coming back with lever problems. They quit being dual flush and only one side of the flush works. I don't have a fix for those yet.

Last edited by Terry; 01-19-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Default Cosco Dual Flush Toilet

I Purchased two of these and installed them myself. it was very easy everything was furnished. They flush extreamly well reguardless what flush cycle you use. They are very quite. One nice feather they have ,that you may not know, is the anti slam seats, very nice. I would recomend them to all.

At this point I would NOT recommend these toilets. We (two families) bought eight, four per house; mine have been in for less than a year and two of them are already leaking. Second home only completed a couple of months ago. Can't really return to Costco as we took them to new homes in Mexico; where we really need to conserve water.

If anyone can help with this; as you look in the tank it iappears to be the rubben seal at the bottom.

Help........
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpyg View Post
    Hi, I recently saw a "Water Ridge" dual flush toilet from Costco selling for $200. Everything comes in one box, including wax ring and seat. Does anybody know who manufactures this toilet? Is it any good? Seems like a great price for a dual-flush, but I'm not going to buy if it doesn't flush well.

Default Water ridge Costco Toilet - poor performance

I wish that I had done a search on this brand before I installed one but I did not know that there was so much new technology in toilets.

The one piece toilet Water ridge pictured in this thread is very stylish but looks aren't everything. Performance matters!

I'm not a plumber but have installed a few toilets in my day and while this one comes with all the parts, the first problem was the flat head on the mounting bolts that were provided. The bolts must be made out of some cheaper metal because without undue pressure one of the heads broke free. You can imagine the first words out of my mouth.

Undaunted I continued with the installation, turned the water supply on and the tank went into a deep sweat and remained wet & lightly dripping for the three days that I had it installed. This is unacceptable in Ottawa where summer humidity levels a quite high. My mistake for not checking if the toilet had a lined tank.

The final straw was the flushing action in either mode, solid or liquids. I don't know what the solid removal rate is but I found it very weak and I was already replacing an older model high efficiency toilet with weak performance. IT'S NOT A HIGH EFFICIENCY TOILET IF YOU HAVE TO CONTINUALLY FLUSH TWICE!! Note there always seemed to be a bit of residue at the very bottom of the bowl. I checked all the recommended adjustments for low flow and there was no way to improve performance.

Okay now I'm tweaked!! I decided to finally do some research online. Water Ridge is not included in my municipal toilet replacement rebate program because the solids removal rate has not been tested and probably falls below the minimum 500 gram rate.

After much research, I finally decided on the American Standard FlowWise Dual Flush (w/tank liner) from Home Depot with a solids removal rate tested at 800 grams. http://www.americanstandard-us.com/p...l.aspx?id=2037 The toilet was on sale and the bonus is the city will give me a $75 rebate!

I had no questions asked when I returned the Water Ridge to Costco but I wish that I didn't go through the hassle in the first place! All I can say is BUYER BEWARE!

Check out the rated solids removal rate and if its not listed anywhere, just walk away.
    Last edited by Terry; 05-05-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidawg View Post
    I didn't know anyone carried these til I saw them at Costco. Got two. One has been trouble free. On the other when you use the large flush, the stopper valve doesn't seal half the time. So I go back and jiggle it and it drops down. These are not visible since they are inside this plastic column. Can't see what's sticking. I tried a little silicon spray without luck.
    Any ideas
    I've had one of these toilets (3L / 6L) for at least 6 months and it has worked very well. Good flushing action. It very rarely needs more than one flush.

In the past couple of weeks I've had a similar problem. For full-flush only, the stopper valve doesn't always fall down to close the tank exit and it runs and runs...

Fiddling with the mechanism, I came up with this fix. Try it out.
    Shut off the water. Flush. Remove the stopper-valve tower - an eighth-turn CCW as I recall. On one side of the tower there is a vertical yellow bar with a turquoise inverted cup attached. There are notches on the yellow bar so that the cup can be adjusted up or down. Move the cup up two notches. Re-install the tower, turn the water on and try it out.

The cup traps air as the tank fills and then lifts up. This holds the stopper up. As the water level drops, the cup drops and the stopper can close. This adjustment appears to have fixed the problem for me.

There is also a red sliding door on the tower. Does anyone know what that adjustment is for? I set mine to the middle position.

Cheers,
    Jim.

Default What adjustments worked for me

After some more experimenting, it seems the final answer is:
    -turquoise inverted cup - move it down it's ratcheting bar to make the 3L flush stronger
    -red sliding door - move it down to make the 6L flush stronger

Jim.

Default Don't waste your money

We bought three of these toilets in April 2008 in Vancouver, BC as were were renovating three bathrooms in our house. Two have been installed. And we have been using them for at least a year now. These are the problems we have encountered. I hate these toilets and we are taking the third one back and buying a Toto.

1. The flush button on one keeps sticking down causing the water to run.
    2. The seal went on the one toilet after about 8 months had to be replaced.
    3. I find the bowl very shallow... man pee sprays everywhere. Not my idea of easy clean up.
    4. It usually takes 2 flushes to clear solids. Sometimes three.
    5. The seat is difficult to clean around and has already shifted it sits crooked on the toilet bowl.

I wish we could take the other two back too but I doubt even Costco would take those back.

These toilets were both installed by a licensed plumber.

Smile Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet from Costco

I purchased a Water Ridge dual flush toilet from Costco in January 2009. It is a single piece toilet that is well constructed with a very nice finish. I had four toilets in the house, three American Standard and one Kohler. They were installed in the 70s and are about five gallon flush toilets. At an age where a prostate condition causes frequent urination, I decided to look for some new toilets or install some urinals. I saw the Water Ridge dual flush at Costco and decided to try one. I own apartment building and have done building and remodeling of apartments and houses. I have personally installed many toilets over the years and the Water Ridge is one of the best toilet that I have ever installed. A single piece toilet is a real plus. The kit was very complete and the hardware is of good quality. I was concerned about replacement parts, but found that the water control valve is a Fluid Master available at most hardware and building supply stores. I checked with Water Ridge and found that the flush valves are warranted for ten years and are available. The toilet I installed in January worked so well that I installed a second one in August. It is in a bath that has a bidet. I looked for a bidet that is similar and found that the Toto Carrollton is a very close match. I purchased one and am in the process of installing it. The slow fall seat that comes with it is another plus even though it is a bit flimsier than the Westport slow fall seat that I have on another toilet. The bottom line is that the dual flush Water Ridge toilet WORKS WELL, IS OF HIGH QUALITY, AND IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Water Ridege dual flush single piece has tight bends at the trapway.
    This type of trapway tends to collect things that fall in over time, reducing the ability of the flush.

I get my share of calls from people that own them, either looking for parts, or complaining about the flush.

DIY Junior Member leisure suit larry's Avatar

Thumbs up CostCo Water Ridge toilet

I purchased two of these toilets for 200 each. My city Albuquerque,nm gave me 150 towards each toilet, so I got them for pretty cheap. They are one piece so less chance of any leaks. Duel flush to save water. They occasionally clogg but no more than any other low flow I have used. When I take a dump I flush then do the paperwork then flush again. Most of my work is #1 so I am saving a lot of water.... One toilet is flawless, the other my wife uses most sticks on a lot and you have to hit the buttons a couple of time to unstick it or it will run for ever. I think with her long nails she is not giving the button a positive push. She of course doesn't think that. I am looking for where to purchase another duel valve for here toilet. That is how I came upon this website. I am happy with my purchase and costco will take it back for ever for any reason so you can't really go wrong.

larry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I've sold over 200 of the Toto Aquia dual flush, and they don't have that issue.

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet

Wow, $319 for a toilet. Now that is a throne. When you guys were saying buy expensive, I was thinking of the one I saw for $108 at Home Depot. It was more than the $69 model.
    Last edited by Terry; 01-19-2014 at 12:19 PM.