Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I think post 139 above should have the answer, as I believe that Globe Union makes the Water Ridge toilets for Costco:

"My Costco single piece dual flush tank is slowly leaking and I hear it refill occasionally, and one of the flush buttons wasn't fully popping back up into place (although enough to fully clear the flush mechanism, so that the water refilled and stopped).

I called Globe Union 866-789-2273 and went through the call-tree to selecting Consumer and then Parts. They asked about the color of the flush mechanism and determined it was an older design (yellow track down the side). They are sending an updated flush mechanism (blue on side), the plungers that go into the tank cover, and a new seat; all under warranty at no charge.

They sent a confirmation email with installation instructions. It looks like a 20 minute task, requiring only a philips screwdriver."

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
flush_valve_sams_club.jpg

A Sam's Club toilet

quality_craft_inside_tank.jpg

Quality Craft from Costco

quality_craft_box.jpg

Fkhess

Reaction score
Toilet Dual flush Costco

Can I use some other parts for this toilet as mine is sticking in open position and water runs all the time. I must fiddle with it to stop it from runing all the time. Can you recomend a better valve system or should I replace the whole toilet. Thanks.
The down rods under the cover shimmy down with repeated use. One of them has come down enough to depress the button on the cistern that initiate the flush, hence the toilet sounds as it is leaking and will run every 5 minutes. Simply adjust the down rod by turning clockwise until it is the same height as the other rod. And replace the cover, no more leaking.

Fkhess

Reaction score
Toilet Dual flush Costco

Can I use some other parts for this toilet as mine is sticking in open position and water runs all the time. I must fiddle with it to stop it from runing all the time. Can you recomend a better valve system or should I replace the whole toilet. Thanks.
The cover has two down rods that shimmy down with repeated use. Remove the cover and adjust the down rod to match the other shorter rod and tighten the plastic grommets to tighten the rod. Replace cover and no more leaking.

Luke Warmwater

Reaction score
Gary the Electrician, Thank you, I noticed small bubbles on grey rubber gasket. Searched everywhere for replacement to no avail. Poked the bubbles with needle and the leak has stopped. Thanks for advice !!

James Davis

Reaction score
I have two Costco Waterridge toilets. One is fine and the other has started requiring you to hold down the button for 3 seconds in order to make it flush. What part do I need to adjust or replace to fix? And where to get part?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have two Costco Waterridge toilets. One is fine and the other has started requiring you to hold down the button for 3 seconds in order to make it flush. What part do I need to adjust or replace to fix? And where to get part?

Two things
Is it the bowl that is clogged requiring more water?
Is the flush valve sticking in the tank, not letting water out?

James Davis

Reaction score
Two things
Is it the bowl that is clogged requiring more water?
Is the flush valve sticking in the tank, not letting water out?

If you press the button it only flushes a small amount and stops half way through the flush and starts to refill normally. To get a full flush, you have to press and hold the button down for 3-4 seconds. I got three new flush value assembles, one after the other, for it and two worked for a few days (full flush with a quick press as they should), then they displayed the same behavior as the old one and you can not get a usable flush unless you hold the button down for 3 seconds. The third one malfunctioned just like the old one as soon as it was installed. They seem to have a a big stock of defective flush valves.

SeattleUnionSt

Reaction score
Do not buy! First use, clogged and the plunger won’t unclog it. Taking this piece of shi* back first thing tomorrow! I usually trust Costco, this is a lesson for me.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Do not buy! First use, clogged and the plunger won’t unclog it. Taking this piece of shi* back first thing tomorrow! I usually trust Costco, this is a lesson for me.

Sorry to hear about your experience. So, lesson learned. If you want a dual-flush, the Toto Aquia is a favorite. Or, for a regular flush, the well-built Entrada or Drake, which look great and don't clog.

You're a lucky person because our founder, Terry, is in your area. He has fair prices (much lower than "list" price) and ridiculously-reasonable-and-competent installation. And he does some little extras included in the installation that other folks ignore, because he is a serious pro and a quality guy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks