(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

By the way, speaking of Costco, I was intrigued to see that they now sell the Caroma Sydney 270, which uses an offset flange adapter to fit either 10" or 12" rough-ins. More importantly, they claim it has a FOUR INCH trapway. Can that be right? Wouldn't that be a challenge (or at least a little misleading) given how many people have 3" closet bends?

You are one lucky person. Just got off the phone with Costco Customer service and they wanted to charge $84 to send two flush devices for the dual flush Water Ridge toilet. Unreal. Time switch toilets and try to buy a mainstream manufacturer.

Default Should be seven dollars and ninety-five cents

Quote Originally Posted by JJLEPR View Post
    You are one lucky person. Just got off the phone with Costco Customer service and they wanted to charge $84 to send two flush devices for the dual flush Water Ridge toilet. Unreal. Time switch toilets and try to buy a mainstream manufacturer.
    I have never paid more than $7.95 for shipping and parts are free as they have lifetime warranty. I have a one piece that is several years old and is working fine. I recently purchased 3 of the newer style. I have installed only 1 so far. It does not work as well as the old one, but is satisfactory. I do like the new seat better than the old one so far.

My Costco single piece dual flush tank is slowly leaking and I hear it refill occasionally, and one of the flush buttons wasn't fully popping back up into place (although enough to fully clear the flush mechanism, so that the water refilled and stopped).

I called Globe Union 866-789-2273 and went through the call-tree to selecting Consumer and then Parts. They asked about the color of the flush mechanism and determined it was an older design (yellow track down the side). They are sending an updated flush mechanism (blue on side), the plungers that go into the tank cover, and a new seat; all under warranty at no charge.

They sent a confirmation email with installation instructions. It looks like a 20 minute task, requiring only a philips screwdriver.

Follow up: It took 15-20 minutes. The emailed instructions were very complete. Installing the new seat took a few more minutes. The attachment bolts with oblong metal inserts look improved, over the plastic washers.