(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Quote Originally Posted by luauguy View Post
    Have 2 of these pieces of cr*p installed (sorry about pun). Never again would I buy something like these. The flappers stopped working properly after a year. Replacing one flapper only stopped the problem of "phantom flushing" but did not stop the "running on" problem. Both toilets have the running on problem after a year or two. One is the dual flush model, the other is a single flush model.

Also the seats have never fitted properly and constantly slide all over the place, giving worrisome thoughts to males in the house.

The sad thing is, it is hard to return them after you spent all the time & effort in installing them and using them for a while.

Spend some money on more than an $80 toilet and then spend your time doing something useful, like having fun or making money, instead of repairing new toilets. Visit a real plumbing store please.

The most depressing thing about this is that the lovely also bought 4 of these cheap things for a country home we're building.....
    If they are still in the box send them back!

I have purchased three faucets from Costco and they were all WaterRidge. You cannot beat the quality for the price. They work just fine. I would rather pay 79 bucks for a faucet that does the job rather than pay over 200 bucks for something I get tired of in a couple of years. I bought a low flush WR toilet and it works great, I keep looking for two more for my home and I believe they have been discoed. The toilet flushes the poop and pee just with one flush, never had to plunge yet. Costco sells good quality stuff, they don't sell crap like Walmart does. I have no complaints.
    bob

DIY Junior Member Urban Contracting's Avatar

There are now more then twenty "WaterRidge" toilets on the MaP test. When this thread was started, there was only one. A lot depends on "which" Costco product you have for which week. It's changes constantly
    As a contractor I've installed dozens of the exact toilet your inquiring about. This toillet should have the name " Super Toilet " . The MaP rating on an average toilet in the 80's was around 150g , the number of grams of solid waste in one flush. Today the average has risen to around 350g , not bad ! This toilet has a rating of 1000g yes 1000g - not a typo so feel good about buying this toilet - personally i'd like to meet the engineers so i could tell them how great a job they did .
    Last edited by Terry; 10-03-2011 at 08:45 PM.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Contracting View Post
    As a contractor I've installed dozens of the exact toilet your inquiring about. This toillet should have the name " Super Toilet " . The MaP rating on an average toilet in the 80's was around 150g , the number of grams of solid waste in one flush. Today the average has risen to around 350g , not bad ! This toilet has a rating of 1000g yes 1000g - not a typo so feel good about buying this toilet - personally i'd like to meet the engineers so i could tell them how great a job they did .
    The MAP test is quite different now than it was, so comparisons other than within the same years, are essentially meaningless. Plastic wrapped paste verses bare paste makes a huge difference. The old test was closer to the real thing, the new one is mostly marketing, but still has some validity. The plastic wrapped stuff is much slipperier, so it gains more velocity rather than sticking, so you can flush more.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Blog Entries

Water Ridge High-Efficiency Toilets with Dual Flush MODEL NUMBER 53315

I have two of these toilets and they work extremely well. The poo button (bigger flush) is unnecessary for poo 99% of the time. Maybe we have small poos

The information by some people on this blog is patently false. I don't understand why they would try to discredit the Water Ridge brand. Is it because these toilets are made in China? Is it because they want to sell more expensive toilets? Is it because they want to make themselves seem expert? Who knows?

Don't pay attention to them.

I called Costco Customer Service 866.789.2273 and was told the toilets have a lifetime guarantee. They also said parts are readily available.

I replaced two water efficient American Standard toilets that stopped working properly (they used more and more water). I wound up replacing the inner workings but they still were not satisfactory. So things can happen to any brand.

As I said my Water Ridge 533515 toilets work perfectly.

Blog Entries

Default Water Ridge High-Efficiency Dual Flush Model 533515 - COSTCO

Water Ridge High-Efficiency Dual Flush Model 533515 - COSTCO Edit Blog Entry

I have two of these toilets and they work extremely well. The poo button (bigger flush) is unnecessary for poo 99% of the time. Maybe we have small poos

The information by some people on another blog on this site is patently false. I don't understand why they would try to discredit the Water Ridge brand. Is it because these toilets are made in China? Is it because they want to sell more expensive toilets? Is it because they want to make themselves seem expert? Who knows?

I called Costco Customer Service 866.789.2273 and was told the toilets have a lifetime guarantee. They also said parts are readily available.

I replaced two water efficient American Standard toilets that stopped working properly (they used more and more water). I wound up replacing the inner workings but they still were not satisfactory. So things can happen to any brand.

Good review billtell. I bought 12 of these for an apartment building and they work fine. No problems in over 12 months. Costco guarantee is the best.

Blog Entries

Default Water Ridge High-Efficiency Dual Flush Model 533515 - COSTCO

The information by some people on another blog on this site is patently false. I don't understand why they would try to discredit the Water Ridge brand. Is it because these toilets are made in China? Is it because they want to sell more expensive toilets? Is it because they want to make themselves seem expert? Who knows?

Default Good review billtell

I see you have posted a new thread.

I love these toilets. Put 12 of them in a 12 unit apartment building in San Diego. They work great. No problems in over 12 months

Default Costco Customer Support thumbs up!

I have 3 Costco WaterRidge one-piece (model C22055C) toilets installed mid 2009. Two of them have the common "water keeps running after flush, valve not dropping" problem as well as the "laterally askew moving seat". I called the Costco customer support # 866.789.2273 and for $7.95 shipping I am receiving 2 flush towers and 3 seats. Gotta love Costco....

Default Switching back to costco 1 piece RONA BAD

Bought a costco 1 piece about 4 years ago. Had the sticking flush problem,so recently bought a 1 piece dual flush toilet from RONA . It is rated at 700gm, so I expected it to preform better than the costco toilet. It did NOT. Half the time on the high flush it does not flush all the toilet paper down. I called RONA . They said it must be bad drainage line or plugged vent pipe,and not their toilet.Also because it had been installed it was not returnable. I explained that the toilet I just took out did not have this problem. Not returnable and not a problem with their toilet . So I thought I would call costco about the issues with their toilet (what I should have done before buying the RONA toilet) They told me the the costco toilet has a lifetime warranty and there is a new improved flush assembly. I also mentioned the seat problem. They said the seat was still the same, but would send one also. I just had to pay $7.95 for shipping. Received new parts in a few days. The seat is NOT the same as the old one. It looks much better. The flush assembly looks good also ( time will tell). At this point I am very happy with costco and very unhappy with RONA,as I am stuck with a RONA toilet .

I just bought 2 water ridge high efficiency dual flush (1.1gpf/1.6gpf) toilets from costco each for 89.99. Model is C21083C. This model qualifies for $50 county water rebate in Atlanta. I don't know if it qualifies for the $100 for 1.2GPF toilets. It is 16.5" height and has soft closing seat. Seat seemed real flimsy. Haven't installed yet. 3 " standard flush valve. Quiet siphon jet action. 12" rough in. large glazed trapway. Comes with wax ring and fastening bolts. In this thread there are many references to costco water ridge toilets. Just want to know if anyone used the C20183C model (2 piece, dual flush one). Costco's WR single piece one is out of stock and is also expensive. I bought this for a 1964 built house with cast iron drains. I will be renting soon. $40 something for a new water efficient toilet seemed like a good deal. But if it is not a good product, then I may go with something else. Lifetime warranty at costco is great.
    Last edited by roby; 03-23-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Jim is correct. It's too bad there's so many water ridge toilets being returned, and parts being ordered, when the solution is quite simple. Just move down the ratcheting bars.

The problem is, over time, the ratcheting bars push inward because of flushing. I would say it would be better if water ridge had mad the threads thicker, or made the threads from metal, that would prevent this problem. but it's easy enough to fix - once in a while just simple screw them back out.

Quote Originally Posted by jwlemke View Post
    After some more experimenting, it seems the final answer is:
    -turquoise inverted cup - move it down it's ratcheting bar to make the 3L flush stronger
    -red sliding door - move it down to make the 6L flush stronger

Jim.

DIY Junior Member Gary the Electrician's Avatar

Default My fix

I do not know if anyone has solved the Costco toilet leaking problem, and I am sorry if I missed the solution, but I did repair mine - at no cost.

I really like the toilet and it works well, but I have had re-occurring leaks.

Remove the center flush unit and you will see a large (mine is the color grey) rubber gasket. Remove the gasket and inspect it. If you see any bubbles, which mine had, pop them with a needle. This will let the gasket sit flush (no pun intended) again. This has solved my slow tank leak twice now.

Big mistake to purchase dual flust toilet from Costco. I was supposed to save water but it is end up to pay more.
    I have it for 1 yr and the problem started.
    The valve does not lower after using big flush, and water keep running. I took out the valve assembly and try outside. It worked as it should be when it was out of water, but not work when it was in the water.
    Other issue, the shit got backup inside house sewer system even I flushed twice. Looks like this toilet will be returned. Too bad, it took me 1 day to install on upstair bathroom, now I have to remove it. It's big job.