(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

Hybrid View

Default Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilet Review & pictures

As of February 20th 2009, the Water Ridge Dual Flush from Costco is no longer on their web site.
    If you bought one, it's now an orphan.
    Costco is introducing a new Dual Flush Toilet that is rated as 1.6gpf and 1.1gpf respectively and it has a “Fluidmaster” 2” valve system. The name of the unit is “Waterridge” Item No. 386082 and it is made in China, seemingly for Costco. Waterridge appears to be the manufacturer. September 14 2007

I cannot find any information on the Web (including TerryLove) regarding this toilet or its manufacturer. Is this a quality toilet? Would I be flushing my money down the toilet if I purchased, actually two. My local water authority has no information about this product. I would appreciate any information or opinion you might have.
    Thanks.

Last edited by Terry; 02-20-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I threw away a Costco faucet that was in my kitchen, too many complaints from everyone that used it.
    I hated it too.

My son installed a Costco disposer for a customer that was pretty cheaply made. I won't install those anymore. I say that because the last one I worked on had such a small inlet for the dishwasher that the air gap would leak over the kitchen counter. I would say that the drain hole was a little too small.

I looked at the WaterRidge when I was doing my regular shopping.
    It looks like the standard builder grade stuff that I normally replace.
    You won't see me selling something like that. One of the things I look at is the trapway. The WaterRidge has some pretty tight bends. The trapway may work for a while for "some" people. But eventually those bends will collect things. And those "things" tend to hang up paper.
    There are no hardware stores that carry parts. If you need parts, keep the 1-800 number and the original paperwork. You will need to get parts from whoever supplied the container shipment. There is no manufacture called WaterRidge. That's a name that Costco slaps on generic product that the buyer picks up. Keep the paper work. If you wind up with an orphan, at least you weren't out much. As a installing contractor, that type of thing would drive me nuts; not having parts handy. I am afterall, a guy that loves fixing things. You need parts to do that.

I'm not liking this trapway. If you don't need much, then maybe. It's looking pretty small to me though.
    Last edited by Terry; 06-13-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Big Box stores just don't stock/sell quality plumbing fixtures. The aim at the mass market who is just looking for cheap merchandise. Toilets are an excellent example of this. The toilets they sell are cheap for a reason. They are poorly designed and made with limited quality controls. You would be better off to pay more to get more from a quality plumbing shop.

If a customer tells me they want to get stuff from the box stores i tell the to goto a supply house that has a show room. If they have this crazy need to shop at a box store i tell them not to get the cheapest look at the middle prices or better.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

I have purchased three faucets from Costco and they were all WaterRidge. You cannot beat the quality for the price. They work just fine. I would rather pay 79 bucks for a faucet that does the job rather than pay over 200 bucks for something I get tired of in a couple of years. I bought a low flush WR toilet and it works great, I keep looking for two more for my home and I believe they have been discoed. The toilet flushes the poop and pee just with one flush, never had to plunge yet. Costco sells good quality stuff, they don't sell crap like Walmart does. I have no complaints.
    bob

I dont know a whole lot about Waterridge, but I have heard they are made by Danze, specifically for Costco. I did read a comment by someone who said that they had a Waterridge product, and what they liked about it was that the products had a lifetime warranty and that the customer service department was very responsive to any problems. Personally, I dont have any Waterridge products, so I cant speak from experience.

Blog Entries

It can have a good warranty, for product defect, but constant plugging wouln't be considered a defect.
    It wouldn' t be consider defective unless you have something like a crack in the porcelain.

It is what it is.
    If you buy cheap, and it performs like what you paid, then keep the plunger handy. Plungers are cheap too.

Updated 8/21/08
    Phone call from someone with a Costco dual flush, he says that he is returning it to Costco.
    He's looking for something that works better.
    Last edited by Terry; 08-22-2008 at 03:07 PM.

I do believe that most faucets come with a limited life time warranty. Thats not the bad thing but is it worth wasting time fixing something that breaks often, or waiting for a part to come in because you wanted to get a cheaper product.
    What is your time worth fixing it when you have a problem.
    Somebody posted something about a toilet company that said you can only flush single ply toilet paper. To test it you had to take a piece place it in a cup of water and shake for 10 sec's and make sure it broke down properly.

That is not for me.
    I'm just starting to work with an old friend of mine to bring solar electric and hot water systems, wind turbines, Flex Fuel Boilers, batteries, hydroponic gardening, books, pellet grills and more. Also the parts for DIY installation.

Default Costco Water Ridge Dual Flush Toilets

I didn't know anyone carried these til I saw them at Costco. Got two. One has been trouble free. On the other when you use the large flush, the stopper valve doesn't seal half the time. So I go back and jiggle it and it drops down. These are not visible since they are inside this plastic column. Can't see what's sticking. I tried a little silicon spray without luck.
    Any ideas

Blog Entries

I would contact Costco for the new part.
    I've never heard of dual flush flush valves sticking with other brands,
    And you can't just swap from some other manufacturer.

If they are selling it, they should have parts too.

I've sold over 200 of the Toto Aquia dual flush, and they don't have that issue.
    The Aquia has been pretty much bullet proof.

I just checked the Costco web site
    They no longer carry the WaterRidge dual flush, so I hope you kept your paper work.

I see a pressure assist dual flush on their web site now, that must use the Ecoflush from WDI Technology. I've been selling Gerber with those dual flush tanks, half of those have been coming back with lever problems. They quit being dual flush and only one side of the flush works. I don't have a fix for those yet.

Last edited by Terry; 01-19-2014 at 12:18 PM.

DIY Junior Member leisure suit larry's Avatar

Thumbs up CostCo Water Ridge toilet

I purchased two of these toilets for 200 each. My city Albuquerque,nm gave me 150 towards each toilet, so I got them for pretty cheap. They are one piece so less chance of any leaks. Duel flush to save water. They occasionally clogg but no more than any other low flow I have used. When I take a dump I flush then do the paperwork then flush again. Most of my work is #1 so I am saving a lot of water.... One toilet is flawless, the other my wife uses most sticks on a lot and you have to hit the buttons a couple of time to unstick it or it will run for ever. I think with her long nails she is not giving the button a positive push. She of course doesn't think that. I am looking for where to purchase another duel valve for here toilet. That is how I came upon this website. I am happy with my purchase and costco will take it back for ever for any reason so you can't really go wrong.

larry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I've sold over 200 of the Toto Aquia dual flush, and they don't have that issue.

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet

Wow, $319 for a toilet. Now that is a throne. When you guys were saying buy expensive, I was thinking of the one I saw for $108 at Home Depot. It was more than the $69 model.
    Last edited by Terry; 01-19-2014 at 12:19 PM.

I have quite a few of the WDI Ecoflush products installed around and they have all had issues with the flush lever section failing over a few year period. WDI has been very good and easygoing with sending replacements, but they do charge me for shipping before sending! And as long as your customer's don't mind changing out the lever mechanism themselves, then it is a quick fix.
    But if I make a service call every time one goes bad, it obviously is incredibly annoying and unsatisfactory for the customer.

I stopped selling any brand that uses the EcoFlush.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidawg View Post
    I didn't know anyone carried these til I saw them at Costco. Got two. One has been trouble free. On the other when you use the large flush, the stopper valve doesn't seal half the time. So I go back and jiggle it and it drops down. These are not visible since they are inside this plastic column. Can't see what's sticking. I tried a little silicon spray without luck.
    Any ideas
    I've had one of these toilets (3L / 6L) for at least 6 months and it has worked very well. Good flushing action. It very rarely needs more than one flush.

In the past couple of weeks I've had a similar problem. For full-flush only, the stopper valve doesn't always fall down to close the tank exit and it runs and runs...

Fiddling with the mechanism, I came up with this fix. Try it out.
    Shut off the water. Flush. Remove the stopper-valve tower - an eighth-turn CCW as I recall. On one side of the tower there is a vertical yellow bar with a turquoise inverted cup attached. There are notches on the yellow bar so that the cup can be adjusted up or down. Move the cup up two notches. Re-install the tower, turn the water on and try it out.

The cup traps air as the tank fills and then lifts up. This holds the stopper up. As the water level drops, the cup drops and the stopper can close. This adjustment appears to have fixed the problem for me.

There is also a red sliding door on the tower. Does anyone know what that adjustment is for? I set mine to the middle position.

Cheers,
    Jim.

Default What adjustments worked for me

After some more experimenting, it seems the final answer is:
    -turquoise inverted cup - move it down it's ratcheting bar to make the 3L flush stronger
    -red sliding door - move it down to make the 6L flush stronger

Jim.