Toto Aquia with Unifit Adapter and 14" rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

pankaek

Reaction score
My existing toilet has a 14 inch rough-in and I'd like to replace it with a Toto Aquia. Does the Unifit adapter work with an Aquia and 14 inch rough-in?

If not, are there any other work arounds so the Aquia isn't sitting 2 inches away from the wall?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia has it's own adapter that works with standard 12" rough-ins.

The Unifit works with some of the other models like the Vespin, Carlyle and a few others.

cst474_side.jpg

Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
Everything is on the truck for that.
The Vespin comes with a standard 12" adapter or you can order a 10" or 14" adapter depending on your rough-in distance.

Last edited:

pankaek

Reaction score
Thanks Terry,

I'll probably go with the Aquia anyway and have the gap behind the tank. Do you know of any dual flush toilets that are more compact than the Aquia?

The Aquia is the most compact compared to Caromas, Mansfields and Sterlings from my research.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks