Pump set at 100'

Charge for pump $800.00

Labor to pull and replace pump $1000.00

Total bill $1,800.00

This is not my job.

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
That is dirt cheap. What kind of pump did you get; $800 is cheap after markup.

Abikerboy

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
A buddy whom Ive been helping out lately charges $300 flat for the derrick truck, plus $65/hour labor, and he only charges travel time if the customer is more than 30 miles from the shop. We just replaced a 1 hp 2 wire goulds a couple days ago, well was just under 350 foot deep, pump on sch 80 pvc w/threaded couplers. Nothing unusual, and no problems with the repair. Just a straight forward pull and swap. Ticket charge was $430 for truck and 2 hours labor plus $899 for the pump plus splice kits and tape. We reused the original pipe and cable, so no materials charges there. Guess wells and prices for labor/parts are pretty regional from what Ive read on here.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
$1800 isn't outrageous, and if the casing doesn't extend above grade, making it do so can be added to the basic pump replacement cost.

Raucina

Reaction score
If its on poly pipe: labor to pull- $50 - labor to replace pump on same pipe and wires- 150$ -Pump, 169$ rebuilt
flo tech [lousy] or Graingers myers-400$

Thats either $400 or $750 plus driving time. Seems like anything over that is profit and pump margin.

Dirtmover

Reaction score
The guy I just contacted has the following standard charges:-

$1300 for 1/2hp
$1400 for 3/4hp
$1600 for 1hp

These are Goulds pumps and he includes new poly pipe and wiring in the cost. Oh, maybe I don't really need this and he's just trying to pad up his margin. Anyway I also priced the same 3/4 Goulds pump at $900 so he's basically charging $500 for pipe, wire, supplies and time.

...and this is in Canada so I expect to get done over!

R

Rancher

WorldWide Power and Pump Services, Inc.

Call them and ask anyway, UPS doesn't know the difference, if they say no, ask them about the "WorldWide" part of their name...

Rancher

Raucina

Reaction score
I buy control boxes there - 1 and 1.5 big size box, cscr for 77$ really a bargain. Service has been good.

Dirtmover

Reaction score
Rancher said:
Call them and ask anyway, UPS doesn't know the difference,

Sure they do. UPS delights in cross border shipments because it gives them an opportunity to charge outrageous brokerage fees!

R

Rancher

I guess my point was, that UPS has no problem shipping to Canada.

Rancher

Dirtmover

Reaction score
I did a bit more searching and found www.aquascience.net sell the same Goulds 10GS07 pump I've been looking at for $523 which is about $50 less than www.wwpp.us and a whopping $358 less than I could get it for locally. Even though I hate giving UPS $50 for a bit of paperwork with the CAN$ at par I'll still save about $250 over buying locally!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks