New svc line black PE

Users who are viewing this thread

Gfe76

Reaction score
Live in Atlanta,GA. Will install new 1" service line with black PE 200 psi about 100 feet from street going into basment. Will bury about 16". Can I bring the PE into the basement and connect to my copper line or do I have to connect to copper from basement a few feet outside basement? What type fittings on black PE? stainless compression? metal bands (2 opposing)? what is torque on metal bands? thanks
Also do I need to put black PE in a PVC sleeve, or can I just bury it as is? I will make sure to remove rocks before burying.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Here we make the connection inside the house.
You need to check local plumbing code as far as what's acceptable for a mechanical connection.
What seems odd here is that whenever I deal with a local water dept, they ask if I'm licensed...have you looked into this?
The reason I ask is that most plumbers will charge more than the initial price for work done prior to their arrival, be sure not to paint yourself into a corner.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
A waterworks compression fitting is your best bet. They will have a stainless insert for the poly tubing. Sleeve the line going through the foundation wall.

Gfe76

Reaction score
thanks for all the help. what is a waterworks compression fitting? thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks