How close can shallow wells be to each other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pdschu

Reaction score
I am in Florida and have a shallow well system for irrigation. I have two wells about 15 feet deep and need to add a third well to increase the water volume.
Does it matter where I hook the third well into the existing system as long as it is below the check valve? I can see where the two existing are tied together with a tee. Can I just hook into the system at this point? Does it matter the relative lengths of pipe to each well? Thanks.

Paul

HammerSlammer

Reaction score
I drew off of 2 shallow wells for years only to find out that I was only drawing off of one because of the pipe length etc. I'm not a well expert and don't understand the physics but now I sump pump from one well to the other and have one draw pipe to my piston pump. Works great.

Pdschu

Reaction score
OK, but does it matter if one well is closer to the pump than the other ones?

HammerSlammer

Reaction score
Pdschu said:
OK, but does it matter if one well is closer to the pump than the other ones?

I think it is going to draw down the easiest water, (closer), until it sucks air never drawing from the second. That's what mine did anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks