low water pressure supply

Users who are viewing this thread

ultraman99

Reaction score
recently i had to raise the solenoid valves for my backyard due to drainage issues in the box. after i raised the valve set, i tested the sprinkler system. water was flowing out of the all sprinkler heads, but not enough water pressure to make them pop up. i looked around for spots in the yard for pooling, but no luck. my front yard and back yard share the main line and the front yard sprinkler system has no problems (front and back yard are 2 separate systems, just sharing the main water supply line).

i diverted the water supply to the solenoids to take a look at the water flow out of the line, and didn't seem like enough water was coming out, lacking volume/pressure.

i'm at a loss...what should i check for next?

thanks in advance!

ultraman99

Reaction score
no, all the sprinker heads for each zone. i checked if all the sprinker heads were running at the same time to see if the controller was bad.

ultraman99

Reaction score
the water level was getting too close to all the wiring, so i decided to raise the solenoid valves as a precaution.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Wires are waterproof, and there are waterproof wire connectors. Had you used them first, you'd have done all that was needed. You might as well take it all apart and test each valve, then rebuild it correctly.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You say you "diverted the water supply for the solenoids" and it was low. If this means you checked the water pipe before it got to all the valves, and it was low pressure/volume, then we have eliminated the valves as the problem. You need to look back. Is there another valve, manual or electric, which controls supply to the sprinkler system?? Do the sprinklers take their supply from the house side of a regulator valves? if so , some pressure gauge readings with flow/without flow will be instructive.

ultraman99

Reaction score
yes i checked the water before the piping. there's only one valve before the solenoids, it's a manual ball valve. that ball valve supplies water to both the front yard and backyard sprinklers. the front yard has no issues.

ultraman99

Reaction score
i found the issue. there was some blockage in the water supply line at the T going to sprinkler supply. thanks for reading my post.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks