Toto faucets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bosun

Reaction score
I know that people love their Toto toilets, but does anyone have experience with the Toto faucets? We are looking at their "basic" widespread faucets. We are also shopping Kohler, which is not favored here, but my wife has to like looking at it.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
My thoughts...
Stick with whats proven.
If you want a nice high end wide spread, look for Grohe, Jado, Rohle, and personally I like Kohlers wide spreads...others here don't.
I've seen more than my share of mfg's that make a great product, then jump into something new that doesn't match their competition.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO faucets that I have installed look pretty good.

They are bringing more and more product into their US catalog.
I've seen the oversea book, and they have everything you can imagine.

Their faucets also come as suites, with towl bars, paper holders and other bathroom trim.

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
We are carrying the Toto faucet line and i too was weary when they started selling faucets.
The prices were and are high, but when you see the quality and construction of the faucets you can see why.
We have sold everything we have brought into stock and are bringing more in because demand is high and we have nothing but positive feedback from our customers.

talkingdog

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Here in Totoland...my impression of Toto faucets is that they have some slick gadgetry but the prices are high and they do use a lot of chrome plated plastic trim, even on the high end stuff and the result does not wear well. Gimme something with solid metal trim.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
talkingdog said:
Here in Totoland...my impression of Toto faucets is that they have some slick gadgetry but the prices are high and they do use a lot of chrome plated plastic trim, even on the high end stuff and the result does not wear well. Gimme something with solid metal trim.

By the way, "Talking" what was the final decision on your homes drainage system?

talkingdog

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
heh. I'd like to go with that fancy Toto "system plumbing" but still waiting on bids. But from a look at the parts price list, it's probably way too expensive.

Heck, I'd like to use Toto faucets, too, if I could find any that didn't have plastic trim. (In their defense, though, especially with the shower mixers, they claim that the use of plastic is supposed to protect the user by insulating against burns).

My wife wants their electric eye kitchen faucet, which you just wave your hands in front of to get the water going. I figure, however, that this is $700 for a something full of electronics that are just going to break down. It's kind of like the Washlet toilets--how long do you think the electronics in a Neorest toilet will last? And how much will it cost to replace the main circuit board?

soiree_faucet_side.jpg

This thing is so heavy you can pound nails with it.
But don't, it's too nice looking to do that to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I just picked up the 42" 1080p LCD Visio from Costco.
With the digital HD converter box, watching football games is like having a sideline seat.
The music video shows on HD are really cool. I saw something on sharks the other day, and it was like they were in the room.

We get our local Marinier homes games on HD too. When I go to sports bars, they have the Plasma's and LCD's but they use a standard analog signal that's stretched to cover the whole width.
Even the cheer leaders look like linebackers.

Last edited:

talkingdog

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
My big screen TV died just outside of warranty. I'm not too impressed with the quality of electronics these days.

But regardless, the Missus must have her toilet with a washlet. Toto is the leader in that category, but NAIS is advertising an energy saving washlet that uses on demand heating instead of a tank. I wasn't aware of how much juice those things consume, but it's significant.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks