Well Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

bobs

Reaction score
Had my well air cleaned a year ago since i have black sediment particles. Still have this problem and am toying with the idea of replacing the steel piping with PVC (Only about 40 feet deep with submersible pump).

The casing has an "alligner" fok aparatus on the top to wedge the pitless adapter against the casing fo correct fitting. Can't remember how to undo this so that I can raise the pump?

Also any ideas on all this black sedement contamination? I use filters to take care of this but I'd like to get back to a clean water supply.

Speedbump

Reaction score
There are a lot of Pitless Adaptors on the market so it's hard to say how yours works.

The black particles are probably from Sulphur in your water. It has nothing to do with having metal pipe as casing. It's simply minerals in the water. It coats the inside of all your plumbing including beyond the filters. Then it flakes off occasionally with water movement.

It won't hurt you in any way.

bob...

bobs

Reaction score
Okdokey...could well be sulphur since it does smell a bit too. I intalled a filter to trap it and have to replace it every week or so.

Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks