Need educational material

Users who are viewing this thread

Walker

Reaction score
I am putting in a 2" sandpoint well. I am down 20 feet (hit some water but not deep enough yet to pump). I need to educate myself as to the proper pump, tank, control box, hookup......before I can go further.
Just bought a home in Idaho and doing a dozen projects before winter so have not had time to do this research. Can anyone direct me to some good sites?

Speedbump

Reaction score
The first thing you need is a Hand Pumps.

Once you have established how many gallons per minute your well can deliver and you find out what the water level is, you can look for a pump. I have to assume the water level is less than 25 feet in this well for using the Hand Pump. If it is not, then you will need a single pipe jet and some other items to even give it a try.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

Walker

Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Speedbump, I have a hand pump but don't think I am deep enough yet to use it. Only 2 feet of water in the pipe now... When should I try testing the flow rate?

Mike, great site, spent half the day there.

This is a great place to learn, I have learned more about sandpoint wells here than site on the web. Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
If the water is less than 25 feet down, I would use it before adding each new joint. You never know.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you only check it at a certain depth, you must know in advance that is where the water is. Someone drilling for the first time doesn't have that luxury. This is way I recommend trying every five foot joint. If not, you may l go past the vein and not even know it's there.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks