Hand held Shower recommendation?

Users who are viewing this thread

ron350

Reaction score
Hello I am looking for good quality hand held shower kit.

I have looked at Lowes and HD and all of the kits seam to have cheap vinyl hoses.

I picked up a Delta 75700WH and I am disappointed with the vinyl hose and the showerhead must have a flow restrictor inside.

I guess what I am asking is what brand will have a high quality hose and a spray head (wand thing) that will allow access to the flow restrictor.

MoenMan

Reaction score
It's required by Plumbers Code that you have that in there, but, Moen has a very durable steel coiled hose or a polymere braided hose depending on which model you purchase, and the flow restricter can be removed from the hand held alone. Although not advised.

How big is your hot water tank and do you take long showers?

Also, do you want this on a wall mounted bracket that can just pivot or would you rather a 30" slide bar with slider on it? Let me know and Ill throw some model numbers at you.

Abikerboy

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I dont like moen handheld showers...I actually bought a very cheap pollenex unit at big lotts recently. Took the mount apart, and drilled out the 1/4 hole in the ball with a 3/8 bit. Could peel paint with it at full flow!

ron350

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply MoenMan and Abikerboy.

The hot water tank is a 10 year old 40 gallon natural gas Rheem.
Yes I want this on a wall mounted bracket that can just pivot.

I have never paid any attention to hand showers before now. I had to buy the first kit with a 72” hose so we could bath my 85-year old father in a shower chair.
The hand piece on this Delta 75700WH has a restrictor in the inlet of the hand piece that is easy to remove.
The part that I do not like is the hose it has a very restrictive one way rubber valve with vents on the end that connects to the wall piece.

I was hoping there would be a compromise kit priced between this $40 kit and the $200 and up kits.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The vacuum breaker at the end is a requirement to code. All of them should have one installed. It prevents water from being sucked back into the supply if there is a pressure glitch. This is a health safety requirement for both you and the rest of the people in the neighborhood. By regulation, the maximum a showerhead can deliver is 2.5gpm. Some are easier to defeat this regulation than others. It may require a bigger WH if you opt to use it for very long.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks