moving a toliet

Users who are viewing this thread

opiethetileman

Reaction score
okay I am not new to the remodel gig. ya can find me over at JB forums. I do wild remodels. this one has a master bedroom that is being flipped. the toliet need to move 25 feet the other way. 3" pipe. it has 25 joists that 2x10. so you cant drill a hole in them and then cut pip down to 1 foot peices and then couple them in. I was hoping of notching the line out and just drop the log in the slot and then go back and shoot some sister blocks over the notches. i know it needs a 1/8 foot slope per foot. I was almost thinking cut a hole to the out side of the house run the pipe them pop a hole and run the pipe back inside. The drain for the 2 sinks and shower will be tied in to this as well. all drians shower and sink are going to be 2" lines. a new vent thru the roof is being installed and where the old vent was with the toliet and tub combo. I was going to leave and just stub it out in the attic and use a studer vent. This vent would be rite at the point where the drainage drops

Attachments

• toliet stone.jpg
    toliet stone.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 238
  • stone toliet 2.jpg
    stone toliet 2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 235

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You would be better off dropping below the joists, and building a box for the pipes.
Most of the time when this is done, the pipe is near a wall, and the other three sides are also boxed in to create a "drop ceiling" in the room below. It looks okay as long as you do it so it looks intentional.

Notching a 2x10 to lay pipe into is not a good idea.
I've never seen one done that way that would pass a framing inspection.

opiethetileman

Reaction score
I agree terry. Below that is the kitchen drop ceiling which has the air duct in it now. If it was only 3 or 4 joist it wouldnt be that bad but basically all of them is a no go. the only other idea like i said was to run on the outside of the house. Its a upsatirs master bedroom. this would basically be the same as a drop ceiling. then just build a chase around it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks