Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Americast Tubs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sparks98

Electrician
Reaction score
Is Americast equally as strong as a cast iron tub (like they claim)? Do Americast tubs need mortar under the bottom to give them the cast feel? I'm putting in tile on the walls and above the tub, so I DO NOT want to EVER have to rip all that tile out because of a CHEAP tub.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
americast is junk

all americast is , basically a cheap steel tub with an epoxy resin base .'

I dont like them, they have a tendency to lose their luster after only a few years. the americast kitchen sinks do wear out fast.

also if you drop something in the unit, you can chip the tub....

even cast iron will chip... but its more durable and it looks good after a long while.

acutally, I feel that the Sterling bath fixtures are as good as any for durability.

If you put concrete under one it feels like cast iron and it wont ever chip.

Short of takeing a claw hammer to it, it is literally indestructable.

raygunclan

Reaction score
we have an americast sink that has rusted all around the edge. this would maybe be acceptable if it were, oh, say, 100 years old!
sincerely,
girl who removes rust with white paint :rolleyes:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vote

That is a matter of individual preference. I will use either depending on the circumstances. I do not consider one necessarily "better" than the other, although for my own use, I would use cast iron.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks