Outdoor Shower

Users who are viewing this thread

txlandlord

Reaction score
Website
www.brotherscustomworks.com
I am a custom homebuilder. We built a new home for a client. We are also building a Pool Cabanna, Summer Kitchen with Pool and Spa. The Pool Cabanna will have an outdoor shower with hot / cold water, mounted on a wall.

Can I use a standard shower valve with standard trim, or do I need to use an outdoor rated shower valve and trim?

I know there are simple pull chain and handle type for outdoor showers, but the ones I found are cold water only. The client wants a hot / cold control valve, with hot water avaliable.

We used Delta upscale valves and trim in the house. All elements in the house and exterior improvements are upscale.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Shower trim is designed to get wet, so I don't think that there would be a problem. If there is any possibility of freezing, you need to make provisions to easily drain the system, or bad things will happen. Since the line to the shower could be a long ways away, you might suggest a hot water recirculation system. Maybe one switched, rather than on all the time to save some energy. You might even be able to hook it up to a motion sensor so that when someone walked into/towards the shower, it turned on the pump.

txlandlord

Reaction score
Website
www.brotherscustomworks.com
Thanks. I also did an online chat with Delta, who told me "No problem".

I bought a Delta Satin Nickle tub / shower and thought I would drop from the tub supply to a hose bib. The shower is at the summer kitchen location and having hot water at a bib would make it nice for clean-up after a Texas bar-b-que.

I could also use the hose bib to drain the valve if it gets cold, but our coldest month is February with a median temp of 61.

Distance is not a problem as we installed a water heater at the Summer Kitchen.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks