Add on sink connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Time1992

Reaction score
I am adding an island sink in the kitchen with slab floor to existing wall sink , I have cut and jackhammered out the concrete ( what a job ) and I need to know how to make the connection so I can share the vent and drain. Thanks, Tim

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Search this or other locations for "Island vent" or "loop vent" for a diagram of how his is usually done. Be sure to include a cleanout.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

I would not even try to describe how to do it, and if you use the picture, make sure you do it EXACTLY as shown, even though you might think that some of it is not necessary, or it looks like a shortcut might make it easier.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
There are several ways to install a bow vent.
My code book allows 1-1/2" drains with 1-1/4" vents BUT, I would suggest going with 2" all around.

The drain is connected to a vertical stack below the vent.
There cannot be anything draining above the vent in that stack, both are connected as if they are both drains...use the assumption that the vent will be a drain.
If any of this is unclear, I'd suggest having it done by a plumber, once that slab is repoured - it's all over but the cryin'.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
WE were only alowed 2" on an island sink vent.A loop vent was a different
vent altogether in our code book.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks