(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wet angle stop

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyPlumber
    I dunno if a heat gun would do it, but you have a point, a torch could over heat it if you don't know when to pull the flame away.
    The one I have gets plenty hot. I spent a couple hours using it to remove paint from a wood floor the other day. I had to dial down the temp when edges of the floor started burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Time1992
    For stubborn stuff I use a small wire wheel and my cordless drill, works great
    I'm gonna have to get me one of those. They must also make them for Dremel, Rotozip I would think.

Today the wet spot is now dry;I dont understand how that could happen;but...................Im gonna leave it for about a week and then hook the new faucett up.... what are the chances it will leak when I turn the water on or did it just seal itself?

Quote Originally Posted by rg21
    Today the wet spot is now dry;I dont understand how that could happen;but...................Im gonna leave it for about a week and then hook the new faucett up.... what are the chances it will leak when I turn the water on or did it just seal itself?
    Sometimes on older valves they'll leak when you open or close them at the packing nut.
    If it stops after a bead or two of water, I wouldn't worry.
    "The biggest regrets we have in life are the chances we never took."