Using Faucet Display Model

Users who are viewing this thread

Big Al

Reaction score
Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase a really nice Kohler kitchen faucet at a great price but it is on a display model from an out of business retailer. The two supply lines into the body of the faucet have been cut off flush with the bottom (see pic) Is this repairable? Usable? or rendered unusable? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• kohler3c.jpg
    kohler3c.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 790

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
probably could be fixed but, I would not find it worth the effort unless I was sure the fix would last.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
doesn't matter how you slice it.....it's a Used faucet. How used?....you'll never know.

Discount Kohler is available on the net.

Mike

TMB9862

Reaction score
Sure it can be fixed. You need to take that faucet apart and see if you can replace those lines, if not you can take it apart and solder couplings up there. How it comes apart, how much work is involved, and whether or not you can get in there without special tools I don't know.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Marlin336 said:
Sure it can be fixed. You need to take that faucet apart and see if you can replace those lines, if not you can take it apart and solder couplings up there. How it comes apart, how much work is involved, and whether or not you can get in there without special tools I don't know.
Yes itcould be fixed if you want to spend hours trying to fix something
that may or may not work.I know from first hand experiance.

Big Al

Reaction score
from poster

The faucet on for sale on the 'net, so I cannot really see if it will come apart. I was a little unsure, a $400 faucet for less than $100. Maybe too good to be true. Although, if any faucet would come totally apart, would it not be a $400 Kohler/

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Big Al said:
Hello, I have an opportunity to purchase a really nice Kohler kitchen faucet at a great price but it is on a display model from an out of business retailer. The two supply lines into the body of the faucet have been cut off flush with the bottom (see pic) Is this repairable? Usable? or rendered unusable? Thanks in advance!

First of all, it's a Kohler. That is a "run and hide, throw it in the scrap barrel faucet" as I know firsthand that no matter if you are getting it for free (that's all it's worth, literally)........when that faucet needs work done to it.....you'll be in a bad situation looking for almost non-existant parts and a customer service rep that would rather see you buy a brand new one.

The reason why display faucets are treated like that are to prevent them from being reintroduced or held to warranty responsibility. That's why something usually is damaged beyond repair so they don't have to worry about someone bringing it back in the door for a refund.

I have 5 boxes of these faucets from all of HD's resets at one store. I pick through them for internal parts and the rest I chuck to the scrap barrel.

I've considered bringing a few of these faucets back to life but don't have the time or care to do it. I usually get 25 faucets for $20 most times. Every once in a while I'll get a good lav faucet or an untouched Delta monitor series that makes it worth the buy.

Don't pay for that faucet. You should get it for free with all the problems that faucet has.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Rugged Is %100 Right

you cant repair one when the copper is v=broken of fthat close inside the actual shaft like that

I bought out a whole garage full of different faucets a few years ago that were in a show room too...

and did about the same thing....I just scabbed parts off about half of them.....

most everyting had at least a few inches of copper protrudeing out of the bottom
of the faucet and were salvagalble

I did get dome great deals ,

but in your case

you cant make a silk purse out of a broken sows ear

and Kohler is definitely a SOWS EAR even when it is
new in the box

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
NEVER buy floor models.
I'd say 90% of ALL defects that are unrepairable are when customers decided to save money and buy floor models.
The time spent for a plumber to install a defective model isn't free, then you pay again to have him re-install a new one, or to replace defective parts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks