Constant Dripping From Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

homeowner

Reaction score
I have a Symmons Temptrol Single Handle shower valve. It drips constantly after it's turned off - unless I torque that sucker over HARD when I turn it off. Sooner or later, I'm going to turn it so hard, something's going to snap.

I found a Symmons web site with an exploded diagram of the valve assembly but I have no idea which of million parts that are displayed I need to replace to stop the drip.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

- Terry

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
Many years ago I lived in a "cookie cutter" house that had a Kohler Neidecker (sp?) single handle faucet. It also leaked.

Since I was pretty sure it was the original faucet I just went to the local full-service retail plumbing store (I probably could have tried the local True Value hardware store) and asked the old-timer at the parts counter. He knew the valve well, said it was a good unit and he told me exactly what few parts I needed.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You probably just need a TA-10 spindle, and the set of hot and cold seats. You do need to also purchase the special Symmons seat wrench.

Best bet is to take all your parts to supply store....probably want to do this on a weekday, to allow plenty of time for oops/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks