wiped joint

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
Why would you want to solder a brass ferrule in a compression fitting?
It is true that the ferrule is what seals a compression fitting and not the threads, but you can seal even an old used ferrule with pipe compound or teflon tape. No need to solder it.
If you're going to solder something, it would best be fittings made for that purpose.
Mike

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
He didn't write anything about soldering a ferrule in a compression fitting.

Why do you assume that is what he was asking?

What cwhyu2 asked is:

Has anyone done wiped lead joint to a brass furele?

I've seen this but I have never done it myself. Lead "wiping" is a lost art theses days.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The brass ferrule he is talking about is NOT the compression ferrule we immediately think of today. Lead work is certainly a lost are out here. Never saw any lead personally, except the tons we used to have to unload out of the AUX Tank when taking on a full load of warshot torpedoes. Sorry, some things you just never forget about!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks