(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: latest bath drain lay out.

Sound and Light Suppervisor for a School District tjbaudio's Avatar

Default latest bath drain lay out.

How does this lay out look? Bath room is 8x8 with a 3x4 shower in one corner with a toilet centered in the remaining 4 ft on that wall. I plan on runing a 2" vent up the divider wall that encases the 3rd wall of the shower near the toilet. A few 45's will get every thing lined up with the main run to the main drain and vent. All vert runs will extend enough so I do not have to cut any joist

My main question is does the 2" vent in that location take care of the vent for the shower and the toilet ok?

Also does a clean out at that spot make sence? there will be one more 90 down ward bend befoer the final clean out exiting the house. In relation to the rest of the walls down stairs this makes for the best access.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

can you draw a straight line of sight from the toilet to the other end , and align the toilet waste line in a straight line? Then the cleanout will come in at a 45 degree angle, and the shower will come in at an angle also. Let the shower connection be a bit harder to figure out and to put together, so you can have a straight line for your toilet waste. That's my first impression.

david

Unfortunatly the main line has to shoot between the furnace and a wall. This arangement gets me between them. The main 3" vent is directly between the furnace and the wall above where this lay out puts the line.

I may be able to flip the y that has the clean out and the toilet on it. I may end up with enough room to only have 1 45 bend after the shower vent. But atleast one has to stay.

Does it look like I have enough venting in this arangment? in any event the shower drain, vents, and toilet will stay put. I just have to get the drain lines as strate as posible.

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjbaudio
    Does it look like I have enough venting in this arangment?
    Yes, it looks that way to me. The shower will not be able to siphon the toilet, the toilet will not be able to siphon the shower and the vanity is vent-isolated altogether. If you are going to have to have an inspection, however, I do not know whether all of that is according to whatever code might be applicable.

WI code does alow wet venting so I should be ok that way. It will be inspected too. I am hoping the inspector stopsa by soon. I just wanted to have good plan ready for him.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbaudio
    .... I may be able to flip the y that has the clean out and the toilet on it. I may end up with enough room to only have 1 45 bend after the shower vent. ....
    good. solids may stick in that Wye at the cleanout end, if you leave it as shown - or so I think. Swapping the two ends will let waste go straight past. Another advantage is that you then get to swivel the cleanout end upwards 10 or 20 degrees which really helps isolate it from the waste water current.

david

I was concerned about solids stuck in the clean out. I will try very hard to get the cleanout as the side of the Y and tilted up a bit. That should solve any sticking problems