Flexible vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Giles

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic
Reaction score
Is there any possibilities of installing a flexible vent in a basement bath? I ask this because rigid venting will be quite involved with all the obstructions I have. I live in the county and codes are no concern, except I respect them and I try to do everything BY CODE. The run will be approximately 15'. Yes, I want to do this job right! THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I think the worst thing about flexible pipes are the ridges and valleys.
You run the risk of condensation collecting in the valleys and is a breading ground for mold and mildew.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Peanut9199 said:
I think the worst thing about flexible pipes are the ridges and valleys.
You run the risk of condensation collecting in the valleys and is a breading ground for mold and mildew.

I would have the same concerns. However, the semi-rigid aluminum flex vent that looks like flexible auto-exhaust tubing and is used as flue lining might be okay in-between pieces of rigid vent pipe used wherever possible.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The problem is neither that flex material, nor probably any connector you could use to hook it up with, is approved for this use by a governig body like IAPMO

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks