I have a brass tub drain assembly that connects to an ABS compression fitting.
There are rubber gaskets on the brass tub compression fittings, but not on the ABS compression fitting (to the brass down tube). The ABS fitting has a core of black ABS, and the threaded ring is translucent white... seems softer. Does this function as both the seal (gasket) and clamp?
1) Do I need a rubber gasket for the ABS compression fitting??
2) Should I use any type of pipe dope on the abs compression fittings?
3) How about pipe dope on the the brass compression fittings?
4) There is one piece of the brass tub assembly that is brass/brass with micro threads. I plan to use the yellow stinky pipe dope on this connection - correct?
5) Am I using the right connection for a tub?
Some of those nuts have a built in seal and others need a plastic "wedge" shaped washer. You need some kind of sealer on the fine tailpiece threads.