clogged toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Greggo

Reaction score
Hello everyone.This is my first post.

I have an american standard cadet toilet that is partially clogged.(wife says she dropped a (hair scrunchie) down it.I have snaked it from the front,taken the bowl off and snaked it from the bottom of the trap,garden hosed it both ways no luck.

I have tried different techniqs using the augers,nadda.

The snakes (2 different toilet augers)are pro grade(not cheapos)
A smaller 1 1/4"-2" electric snake Pro grade.

When I took the bowl off I can hear something rattling in side the bowl,but I just can,t seem to catch it on the auger.

I was thinking of sharpening the tip on the toilet auger to see if I can catch what evers in there.

Any suggestions? I'm looking for the sledge hammer! LoL

Thanks in advance
Greg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

1. Shine a flashlight up into the toilet through the bottom opening. You should be able to see to the top of the trap.
2. Use a small mirror and that same flashlight to inspect the front of the trap from inside the bowl.
3. If there is anything inside the bowl you will be able to see it from one end or the other.
4. Once you know what the problem is, you can decide how to undo it.

Greggo

Reaction score
HJ : The mirror trick sound pretty good I'll give it a shot

Rugged: I hear you,its not even that I have to buy a new bowl,I have three other new ones to replace it.I think its more personal.I guess I don't like to lose(haha)

I'll give it one more shot then (bam)

I'll post what I find inside

Thanks guys Greg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks