Got my well in

Users who are viewing this thread

Wet Willy

Reaction score
Had my well drilled and what experience, hit water at 37' hit bedrock at 46' with sand and silt above the rock drilled 245 feet with no water hydro fractured the well and got 9 gpm out of it for $10,908.00 and didn't even get a kiss. will set pump at 90 feet 1 ¼†poly pipe to pit less adapter then to a Tee and bush down to 1" 125' to cabin 1 and 120' to cabin 2 and ¾†to service cabin. The only good thing out of this my buddy and I are sharing the well so the price is only $5,454 plus the pump and tank. Now to fit it with a pump and tank thinking of a 3/4hp 10gpm sta-rite with a tank the will have a 37gal draw down and yes will have a CSV on it too. Thanks for your guys help.

Raucina

Reaction score
your pump seems set shallow and the well would have cost you around $3,000 in this part of California....

Wet Willy

Reaction score
The static water level is at 37 feet if we put the pump down at 200 or so then won't i have a stagnet water on top of the well this is a weekender place.this is in northern wisconsin and i also change the pipe size to 1" for the drop pipe and 1 1/4" for the run to the cabin

Raucina

Reaction score
What a deal... Southern Utah, 325', pump at 275', sand and gravel, 6" steel casing and no pump=$16,000

Theft!....for a small multiple of that amount, you can buy a used commercial drill rig and put that guy out of business quick. 12 to 15$ a foot around here and another few hundred for sealing and 40' of casing, plus or minus.

And the drillers are making a nice living at that rate. What would cause such a cost for drilling in your area?

Speedbump

Reaction score
If the well is properly sealed, I wouldn't worry about stagnant water. Chances are, under pressure the pump won't be using the 9 gpm anyway, so the water will be feeding the pump from the bottom.

bob...

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
High demand, low supply of (qualified) drillers. There are a couple of drillers who will make a fast, shallow hole with a plastic casing, but only three with the experience to do it right. The 3 good drillers are using a cable tool while mr plastic is using a rotary and 2 are semi-retired (they do wells only part of the year). Btw... the state is a class C or D seismic zone (very active). A plastic well isn't expected to last 15 years; the steel last about 60+.

Raucina

Reaction score
We are very seismic here also, but everyone uses plastic casing now. In 15 years most steel casings here are dripping rust into the water and are paper thin anyway. At least the plastic retains its original thickness and most of its strength.

I thought cable tool drilling went out with the tube radios and black and white tv... around here they are parked in the museums.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I will stay with the Galvanized pipe too. It's a lot more permanent than plastic in most instances.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
Well, if it was galvanized I would agree, but all the steel casing around here is [was] plain steel and it turns to ka-ka very quick.

Cable tool drill rig? are these Amish drillers?? Horse drawn?

Wet Willy

Reaction score
we have more well drillers in this area than you can shake a shotgun at just kidding the only thing they are most worried about around here is the stock market from what i hear. he used steel casing and a rotary drill rig he said he can't use plastic for the rock would destroy it. the pump is in aand the water is flowing works great and nice water too. it sure is nice to take a shower up there now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks