Bees

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
00041sqt

I had a professional come out and check out the bees. I had ( had is the operative word ) 2 different kinds. One was a white face hornet and for those he shot a white spray into the ground. I felt horrible when they started to crawl out of there hole looking like they were gasping all covered in the white stuff. I haven't really seen those in a couple days now. The other kind was a yellow jacket. Those had a dispostion problem and needed an attitude adjustment. When he walked up to the ground where they were " surfing" what I called it, over the huge ivy patch, he said, " I never saw anything like this in my life." On nearly every ivy leaf there was a yellow jacket. There were hundreds. He mentioned something had to be on the ivy which was attracting them. The ivy patch is under a huge pine tree. He used a product called Phantom, EPA. Reg. No. 241-392 on the ivy and under it.

I wasn't really too happy about the use of chemicals used on my lawn given with health problems, but I really didn't have much choice. It was either them or me or any child who strayed into my yard being stung unmericfully.

I still have the traps hanging up and catch a stray one. When the season is over and it is cold enough to assure me they won't be there at all, I am going to mow the ivy and take it out that way hopefully, I won't have a repeat performance next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks