very loud well shallow well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

fordfitz

Reaction score
Well I have a craftsman 1/2 shallow well jet pump in my basement. It pumps fine, However the sound is unbearable. I have tried to search on here for who makes the quitest pump. I cant seem to find the answer. So my question is which manufactuer makes one that I will not hear in my living room? Thanks in advance Mike

Yar02169

Reaction score
I am by no means a pro, but I have had a system working well, but the pump was in cavitation. If you have some cavitation, I don't think there is anything that can make it quiet.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Yar could be right, your pump may be cavitating. If so, you can remedy that by backpressuring the pump until the noise stops.

If you bought a Sears plastic pump, they sound like that out of the box and nothing will quiet them down. If you want a quiet pump, you need a good brand with a cast iron housing.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks