Question about moving stove line to dryer.

Users who are viewing this thread

enviroko

Reaction score
We currently have an electric stove and a gas dryer but we are in the process of installing a gas stove and electric dryer. Here is our situation...

The hot wire that feeds the stove looks like it says 8/3 (old and hard to read).
The hot wire first connects to a junction box then out to the stove with a 6/3 wire.
There is already a 10/3 wire ran to the dryer that was disconnected by someone prior to me buying the house.

Question: Can I disconnect the old hot (8/3) from the junction box and connect that to the 10/3 wire to feed the dryer?

Thanks!

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score

you need to have a professianal plumber check out your gas switch over
a gas dryer is rated at 38,000 btu's a full size gas range is rated at 65,000 btu's gas is "NOT" sized to pressure, but to volume not the right size gas line means you will be sterving a gas appliance some where in the house "which"
could cause a "CARBON MOXIDE"!!! problem down the road when the furnice and stove, and
water heater is all running at the same time!!:( :(
like when you have the whole family over for thinksgiving, or christmas

JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER:)

enviroko

Reaction score
jwelectric said:
Yes but be sure to change the breaker to a 30

Unfortunately I still have a fuse box (changing within six months hopefully) and I was unable to find a 30 amp to fit. 35 was the closest. The fuse that was used for the stove was a NON-45 class K5. Can that be replaced with a 30 amp fuse?

I do have 3/4" pipe going all the way to the flex line of the stove but sounds like that doesn't guarantee 65,000 btu's. Is that correct?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks