size of a stand up shower

Users who are viewing this thread

ljonalex

Reaction score
I am in Texas, but that may not matter. What is the smallest dimensions you can have on a stand up shower- 3' x 3', 2' x 4'????

ljonalex

Reaction score
Thank you very much for responding, I was hoping that it could have been a tad bit smaller but I thought as much. Thanks again!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Code allows (I think) a slightly smaller shower, but you may be forever complaining as you'd be bumping into the walls, and forget about bending over to be able to pick something up, especially as you get older and are less flexible. Don't remember whether is is 32" or 30", but I highly recommend you don't go that small...you won't like it. Local rules may differ.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
What about an open type shower that you could close off with a curtain/rod? You might be able to get the space but not lose the space for the shower when not in use.

ljonalex

Reaction score
I am in a fix- my husband wants a stand up shower and tub. I have a 10 x 13 bath area in which I am trying to incorporate a tub, shower, vanity, toilet and some type of walk in closet. I was thinking I could have done something like a 30" x 72 - with just a shower curtain--but I think I will revamp my layout on the shower or forgo it all together. Again, thanks so much for all the valuable advice. Only registered today and I am very pleased with the response time as well as the responses

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks