(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: size of a stand up shower

Smile size of a stand up shower

I am in Texas, but that may not matter. What is the smallest dimensions you can have on a stand up shower- 3' x 3', 2' x 4'????

3'by3' is the smallest .

Wink

Thank you very much for responding, I was hoping that it could have been a tad bit smaller but I thought as much. Thanks again!

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Code allows (I think) a slightly smaller shower, but you may be forever complaining as you'd be bumping into the walls, and forget about bending over to be able to pick something up, especially as you get older and are less flexible. Don't remember whether is is 32" or 30", but I highly recommend you don't go that small...you won't like it. Local rules may differ.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

True ... The place on Fire Island has a 32x32 stall. I absolutely LOATHE it... and I'm a small guy, weight about 140.
    Master Plumber Mark:

there is nothing better than the
    manly smell of WD 40 in the air
    while banging away on brass with a chisel and hammer...

it smells like......victory......

do not hit your thumb...

Plumbing Designer FloridaOrange's Avatar

What about an open type shower that you could close off with a curtain/rod? You might be able to get the space but not lose the space for the shower when not in use.
    Matt
    Semi-professional plumbing designer
    Enjoying life in SW Florida

Talking

I am in a fix- my husband wants a stand up shower and tub. I have a 10 x 13 bath area in which I am trying to incorporate a tub, shower, vanity, toilet and some type of walk in closet. I was thinking I could have done something like a 30" x 72 - with just a shower curtain--but I think I will revamp my layout on the shower or forgo it all together. Again, thanks so much for all the valuable advice. Only registered today and I am very pleased with the response time as well as the responses