vanity faucet brand?

Users who are viewing this thread

jrseaberg

Reaction score
Still looking for a vanity faucet... single hole mount, brushed nickel, not a vessel sink.

Seeing several different brands, but I don't know anything about them. Any opinions on which to buy, which to avoid???

Some of the brands I have seen... but please don't limit input to just these....

Grohe (fairly wide selection)
Hansgrohe
Rohl
Showcase
Moen
Kohler
Danze (fairly wide selection)
American Standard

Any help, as always, is appreciated.

Jim

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The only 2 on that list I would ever consider are Moen and Am. Std. because you will have a heck of a time ever getting parts for any of the others.

Other brands I like are Delta and Price Pfister.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Moen's fine don't like plastic cartridges.
American Standards good ceramic cartridge and well made, they also acquired the "Jado" line of faucets good but expensive.
Delta also a good choice but many small parts to go wrong.
Kohler every faucet or toilet they make has different parts a nightmare to find the right parts.
Grohe probably the best out of your list, well made, ceramic cartridge, lifetime warranty.
Hansgrohe is Grohe's cheaper brother Hans and he was the original Fredrick.
Danze worst out of your list, received a freeby one time and replaced it after two weeks of trying to fix the leaks.
Don't know Showcase or Rohl.
You can also look at Rubinet or Dorn Bracht and Toto has a line as well and it is very well made, we are doing well with the line especially the "Soiree" line.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrseaberg

Reaction score
Thanks

Your replies make this chore much easier than "shooting in the dark"! Thanks for your time.

Jim

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

The only one on the list I would not recommend would be American Standard. As for the others, I have either not used them, or am satisfied with the performance of the ones I have used.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
the largest faucet manufacturer in the world is (supposedly) www.kwcamerica.com (the USA branch). The dealer told me a story once...the people at Kohler were kind of upset about some of the comparisons and competition and offered to buy them. The KWC guy indicated that the were about 10x bigger than Kohler, and didn't feel much threatened! I never checked the balance sheets, so I can't say if it is true. They're big in Europe and other parts of the world.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks