complicating-updating new box for client, electrician F***** it up-pics included

Users who are viewing this thread

Old Dog

G.C. 22+ years(in 3 states)
Reaction score
Death Trap!!!

Hey guys,my B***S*** meter just pegged off the charts!!That looks like about 20 years of homeowner and hack "artist" screw ups to me.You show that to an inspector and he would have the electric company yank the service meter until it's fixed!
That house is a death trap!!Look at pics3 last picture.those 2 wires on the left sure look charred to me.I hope there are not any kids living in this place...
As a G.C. I have only seen a couple of houses that were as bad as this in my long career.
PLEASE,IF YOU ARE HALF THE PROFESSIONAL YOU CLAIM TO BE,THE ONLY COURSE OF ACTION IS TO BRING IN A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN.THIS FAMILIES
LIFE IS AT RISK!! IT IS "YOUR" OBLIGATION TO CONVINCE YOUR CLIENT.HE MAY HAVE TO SELL HIS SECOND CAR,TAKE OUT A LOAN BUT THAT GOD AWFUL MESS HAS TO BE FIXED RIGHT NOW!!!
(THESE ARE THE TYPE OF JOBS THAT MAKE YOU WAKE UP IN A COLD SWEAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT...)

Enosez

Reaction score
He keeps blaming some "electrical contractor". Maybe the problem was that someone like him who thinks they know alot about electrcity came in and did the job for "a little bit of money" becasue no one wanted to pay the person who has knowledge skills and ability from the start.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!

Two rentals and he has no money! Right!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Personally I would document the whole thing and work with the local inspection department and have who ever did this work prosecuted.

The work needing to be done must be done by a licensed electrician.

You are opening up your self to big time liability if you do any work on this building...don't touch anything.

I think it odd that you list all kinds of experience you have, yet ask how can I tell if it is grounded.

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
jwelectric said:
Anyone else notice that this idiot has not returned to see what others have suggested
That's because he is getting beat up on every board he posted this garbage to.

Old Dog

G.C. 22+ years(in 3 states)
Reaction score
both feet...

Speedy Petey said:
That's because he is getting beat up on every board he posted this garbage to.

Sometimes you got to jump up and down on a "fellas" testicles with both feet for them to see the error of their ways...

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I bet it's just old Joe T. messing with everyone.

Last edited:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Kraze - I was reading your thread over there... if they really had that done by a licensed electrician, they CAN afford to have it fixed by a good professional licensed electrician; because they can SUE THE ORIGINAL GUY for the cost. Heck, they can probably get punitive damages!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks