Hydrotek 1114

Users who are viewing this thread

Stormchoir

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Here is a question that i have been waiting to find an answer for.
I live in the house that was once my Grandparents house until they both passed away. The house was built in 1990 and has the Hydrotek model 1114. I have one valve that is above ground on the other side of where the control box is in the garage. I have six zones that come on at different times when i turn the system on. My question is this, Do i have more valves that may be underground and i am not seeing them or does this system only have one valve with 6 different zones that go with it? The reason i ask is because like i said i can only see the one valve that is above ground AND i only have two wires (one black the other red) going to the box from the above ground valve. When i manually turn on the system each zone comes on and off like it would if it was in auto. Thank you.

Also does anyone have a layout of the days of the week sticker that came with the system? The one that was on it is no longer there so i have way of setting up the day properly.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
You figure to be living in Florida. The above ground valve is an indexing vave. If the controller is turning a pump on and off, there are no other valves. On city water, the controller would be powering a single valve that feeds water to the indexing valve.

the wet maker

Reaction score
Howdy,

A Hydrotek 1114 is a manual indexing valve. It operates on water flow and gravity. Inside the valve is a rubber plunger attached to a plastic stem. The top of the stem rides around in a cam (located in the valve lid).. you will have automatic operation with this unit when you a) turn a pump on or off or b) open and close an electric solenoid valve to regulate water flow. Each time the valve gets a rush of water, the plunger is forced down and it covers 5/6 of the outlets and doses one zone. When the water is turned off, gravity drains the valve and the stem rides around in the cam to the next zone. For FL, your main advantage is protection against static damage to (inherently susceptible) solenoid valves. Your main disadvantage is not being able to run the zones in any other order than the cam dictates (purely sequential).

If you need a replacement label for your 1114 you can find a K-Rain distributor on www.krain.com "Find a Distributor" or call them directly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks