Need to tap drain for dishwasher.

Users who are viewing this thread

enviroko

Reaction score
Where & how can I tap my sink drain for a dishwasher that will be placed on the right?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Put a disposal serving the right hand sink and its a done deal.

disposer_sea.jpg

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it. Maybe it that T was shorter, the tailpieces could be longer... but then the lowered cross-arm would get in the way of that shelving.

You're going to have to change something.

Orange, if he's got no room for a DW tailpiece, how's he gonna have room for a disposal?

(edited for "doh!" factor - sorry, Lurker.)

Last edited:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
left

I would install a branch tailpiece or desposer on the left side .
More room and looks like that would fit better.
And you could get a longer discharge hose if needed.

branch-tailpiece-for-dw.jpg

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
You either need to install a garbage disposal or one of these:

And, as stated, the shelving/dish cart will probably need to be relocated, unless the top and the shelves can be lowered or removed.

Attachments

• Dishwasher branch tailpiece.jpg
    Dishwasher branch tailpiece.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
frenchie said:
Doesn't look like it. Maybe it that T was shorter, the tailpieces could be longer... but then the lowered cross-arm would get in the way of that shelving.

You're going to have to change something.

Lurker, if he's got no room for a DW tailpiece, how's he gonna have room for a disposal?

Huh? I never said anything about a disposal :)

I still think he might have room for a brass tailpiece with a dishwasher spigot built in. But that would be very lucky if it did actually work out. This could be easily remedied if it were rebuilt without those slip joint fittings. However I must admit I only work with ABS; so it's easy for me to view pvc as evil.

enviroko

Reaction score
Actually I do want to put a disposal in. I guess it will come with instructions :rolleyes:

The shelving is low priority, no problem taking it out.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
enviroko said:
Actually I do want to put a disposal in. I guess it will come with instructions :rolleyes:[/i]

Yup. Don't forget to remove the knockout.

The shelving is low priority, no problem taking it out.

Then you're set - just lower the T. I think I'd put the disposer on the left & use a longer hose, too. That horizontal, right after a disposal, would make me nervous r.e. clogs.

Basement_Lurker said:
Huh? I never said anything about a disposal :)

Doh! I'm an idiot. But I fixed it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There doesn't appear to be enough height to add a disposal on the left and still get the drain from the right-hand sink connected with the proper slope.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
I'm also not sure that there's enough room, even if you shorten/lower the T as much as possible...

But why did you say, "if the disposer is installed in the left sink basin"? The clearance is roughly the same for either basin...?

TMB9862

Reaction score
It looks like a dishwasher tail piece would just squeeze in there. Break out the measuring tape, measure the room you have, then go measure a dishwasher tail piece to see if it fits.

enviroko

Reaction score
Is there a good diagram that anyone is aware of to give me an idea about how all this will work?

Would it help if I take some measurements? If so, what measurements should I give you?

So the disposer has to go on the right?

Thanks all! Hoping to get this installed soon.

disposer_sea.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks