Vents

Users who are viewing this thread

tlarson

Reaction score
General question about venting: Can I use a san tee on it's back to vent a shower or toilet as long as it's sized correctly and all other requirements are met (trap arm length, max amount of bend, etc)?

tlarson

Reaction score
Just curious, why not? I see it done in many jurisdictions in this area (Portland, Oregon and Southwest Washington state) and the inspectors always sign off on it. Oh well...........

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
What's the jurisdiction?
FWIW:
2004 FPC 706.3, exception:
Back-to-back water closet connections to double sanitary tees shall be permitted where the horizontal developed length between the outlet of the water closet outlet and the connection to the double sanitary tee pattern is 18" or greater.

tlarson

Reaction score
I wasn't clear. What I'd like to do is vent the trap arm with a san tee on it's back, and then continue the drain horizontally after the vent. I've seen this done on showers and toilets. Is it permissable in some jurisdictions?

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
San tee on it's back is suitable for venting in MN. I've put in a few in ND, but I think they're just amazed at seeing a vent. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks