water tank won't take water

Users who are viewing this thread

charleso

Reaction score
First symptom was very low water pressure followed by low waterpressure and black water. I shut the pump down(braker panel) and began trouble shooting. First I disconnected my main water supply so I could verify my well was full and pump was working. I got black water for a few seconds then a perfect flow of beautiful clear water. I checked my pressure switch which remained on allowing the pump to work. I opened the shut off valve at the tank, water flowed fine. I checked the pressure at the top of my State Pumpmate well tank(spmd52) with a tire pressure gauge it read 38psi.
It appears my tank is not taking in water and I am drawing directly from my well pump. Do I need a new tank? P.S. I discovered a leak earlier in the week when I saw water leaking out of the back of my house which actually saturated the ground. I think it was leaking for a few days, it was a bad toilet bowl shut off valve which I repaired. This is when my troubles began. Thanks for your help.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you have a working gauge, does your pump start at a given pressure and shut off at a higher pressure, or does it continue to run even when all water faucets are off?

What are the pressures on the gauge?

Check to see if you still have the water in your yard to be sure you didn't fix something that wasn't actually the problem with your pump. Because it sounds like you still have a leak from what you stated.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks