New pump losing pressure.....please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Algardengal

Reaction score
I did a search on this subject but didn't find any info that would help my situation.
My husband installed a deep well pump last fall for me to use in my gardens. It works fine as long as I'm hand watering, but when I use a sprinkler, or turn on a hose full blast to fill a garden pond, the pump will lose pressure. I can go down and restart the pump and it will still work as long as I use a hand sprinkler, but will kick off again and lose pressure if I turn on an automatic sprinkle....if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks ;)

Speedbump

Reaction score
Two things come to mind. The well and pump won't keep up with more water usage than the garden hose and you said the pump is shutting off. This may mean you have a low pressure cut off switch made by Square D. If so, you can change it to a standard switch and the pump will at least quit shutting off when the pressure gets low.

bob...

Algardengal

Reaction score
Thanks Bob,

I'll tell my husband this when he comes home. He works out of town so isn't here to check it at the moment.
I appreciate your response.
Jan:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks