High Head Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

bigringbk

Reaction score
In the descriptions of Toto G-Max versus PowerGravity flushing, the only difference appears to be 'High head pressure to maximize flow rate'. I have to admit I'm not familiar with the term 'high head pressure'. I looked around the FAQ's and forums and could not find this term defined.

Can someone please provide a definition as it pertains to the Toto units and whether this is relevant to a household running on a well and pressure tank setup as opposed to the higher pressures you get from a public water supply?

For that matter, does a well/tank system even factor into the purchasing decision for toilets?

Thanks
BMK

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Anything with 20 PSI would work.
I'm sure your well system is at least 35 PSI.
With a toilet, anytime you raise the height of the water, it will drop quicker.
That's why some of the new toilets have such tall tanks.
For Toto's G-Max, they do keep the water higher in the tank for just that reason.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks