what is maximum drain pipe length allowed

Users who are viewing this thread

t-roy

Reaction score
I have a laundry tub that sits 1 1/2 feet from a vent stack. The tub currently is one of those concrete two section tubs. I'm removing it and replacing with a single resin tub.

The current drainage for the tub is directly into the vent stack with a P trap.

The bottom of the new tub sits higher than the old concrete tub, so I want to extend the drain pipe out of the bottom of the new tub, into the P trap, so the horizonatl pipe off the P will enter the vent at a near horizontal position, (as I understand it must).

I am wondering how long of a drain pipe is allowed. I think I need about a 10" drain pipe, which would put the bottom of the P trap pipe at approx 6 " off of the floor.

Is there any code issue with having a 10 " drain pipe, and for having the P trap as close as 6" to the floor?

T-roy

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

I am not sure I understand the question, because the "P" traps elevation should not change. You can use up to an 18" long tailpiece between the sink and the trap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks