Pump suggestions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Abikerboy

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace my sub well pump, and have been doing some research. Due to a pressure tank failure and a leak that has been neglected since december, I have been advised that the 14 year old pump may not last too much longer. The well currently serves 3 houses, so I want to keep it going reliably. Ive searched the goulds site, but have been advised to avoid them because they are using a new motor. Ive looked at grunfols, but all I see are electronic, and permanent magnet variable pumps. Been through "variable" on my furnace in mid january, so none of that for me! I dont really care if the pump ends up costing me a grand or so, I just want something that I can have ready to go in, and that will hang in there as long as my old one has! the pump now is a goulds, 1hp, 2 wire, 10 gallon, and the only thing that I plan on changing is that when the new one goes in, it will have a csv on it. Well is appx 230 ft deep, recovery around 15 gpm, pump set at 205, and well tested at 12 gpm pumped from its static level of 60 ft. Just looking for suggestions at the moment, but I dont want to wait for this thing to die on a cold, snowy dec day, so upgrades will come very soon!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Not all of Grundfos's pumps are electronic or variable speed. There main line is still normal speed, standard, reliable pumps and motors. The 1 HP you need in the Grundfos is a 10S10-15. There motors are good also, I have one that is over 25 years old and still working fine. I agree about the now Goulds motors, haven't been around long enough to know if they are any good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks