Shower head leak. While in off state (Moen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeannie

Reaction score
Installing a NEW Moen TL181 ... new valve installed. New shower installed. Turned hot water on (from shut off) - handle is off position - no water (perfect) Turned cold water on (from shut off) - handle is in off position - cold water comes out, not just dripping ... medium pressure so quite a bit of water. Any ideas ? We've turned the stem to every position possible and it will not shut off. Please help.
Thanks

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
cartrage

OK something may have got caught in cartrage this can cause this
problem.Rotating a positemp stem will not solve the problem.Try and look at install instructions.This may give some insight to what is causing this
condition.

Jeannie

Reaction score
Well it's all brand new so unless it came with something 'extra' in it I wouldn't know. I guess a defective cartrige could be the problem?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
New installation, could be debris in the cold cartdrige preventing the cartridge from closing.
I had a few come back with wood chips, people cut the copper lines and do not cap off and renovate and all the debris goes in the lines and they turn on for the first time and where does it go but inside the cartridge.

Jeannie

Reaction score
I hear what your're saying peanut. Everything was capped off (it's a single lever model) - I spoke to Moen this morning and if the 'so called plumber' we had that installed the valve didn't remove the cartridge before soldering that also could cause it. Moen is sending a kit to me and I'm praying that solves the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks