Tapcon Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
While I have never cared for Tapcons personally, I think the comments you got are accurate. I have very good luck with the lead inserts. I use a rotary hammer drill to drill the holes in the concrete, tap the inserts flush, then use sheet metal screws into the inserts. They make several lengths of inserts, so depending on what you are anchoring, you can use whatever length is necessary. I always drill the holes a tad deeper than required just to allow a bit of leeway. If the screws will be exposed to moisture, I use stainless steel screws. I do not mean to imply that Tapcons will not work. I know they are excellent, but seem to me to be too difficult to work with. I furred a basement years ago by shooting the nails, but that was the first and last time for that method for me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks