Water, then no water

Users who are viewing this thread

mckenzieroon

Reaction score
I've got a 20 foot well about 20 years old with a 1.5 hp pump of same age. About five years ago I replaced the control panel including the relay and both starting and running capacitors. About two weeks ago I had to reset the relay. Today we lost water again and the relay wasn't tripped but it was a little sticky. I replaced it and turned the breaker back on but nothing happened. I inspected all the wiring including the breaker and everything seemed fine. I have power all the way from the breaker to the pump. I decided I would need to pull the pump and proceded to pound on the concrete on the floor of the pump house to remove the concrete and disconnect the pumbing when the pump turned on. We had water for about 2 hours and now it is out again. Dry well? Bad pump? Pressure tank issues? Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks