Can someone identify the model of this delta faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

clmccain87

Reaction score
I was told it was a delta 1700 series but bought a new trim kit and guess what it doesn't fit. Since it was special order I'm out the cash so now I want to see if someone can tell me for sure what it is. Thanks.

Attachments

• cartridge.jpg
    cartridge.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 5,734
  • escutcheon.jpg
    escutcheon.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 6,297

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
It is a 1700 series but it's the old style Delta changed the style March 27/2006 , but i don't have a breakdown on the old style and for some reason thier web site only shows the parts for the new style.
1300/1400 does not have the volume control.
I will look on Monday when i can get at my catalogues, unless someone else has them.

delta-1700-series-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

clmccain87

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll hold out hope that I won't have a brand new bathroom with a 20 year old shower faucet as you see it's a 104 year old house and no access panel our options right now are tear out the brand new tile, tear out the dining room cabinets, or live with the old faucet.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It is a Monitor 1700 series. Parts and cartridges are readily available, just not at HD . Turn off the water, take all the parts, including the internal parts, with you to a big plumbing supply house.

Removing the cartrige retaining nut you have to be careful. If it is stuck and you just put a big wrench on it, you will cause FATAL DAMAGE to the valve body. Start soaking right now with white vinegar. Then after a day, start applying PB blaster and give that a day to work. Tap at it, even use a propane torch to heat it some. If these techniques do not work, come back for more advice. Just be careful not to twist that nut too hard!

clmccain87

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that helped, went to a plumbing parts store today and got an old style cartridge that will fit the new 1700 series trim kits. Finally it all fit together.

Dan Pick

Reaction score
Correction

Glad to hear everything worked out. Actually its a 1500 Series Pressure Balance valve........the predecessor of the current 1700 Series

Jimbo Slice

Reaction score
I believe I'm in a similar situation. The local plumbing store says I have a monitor 1700 series. My fixture was installed in 1996. I would like to do a trim change and cartridge.

Would Delta Faucet T17438-SS Lahara Monitor 17 Series Tub and Shower Trim, Stainless as advertised online work for me.

https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/product/t17438-ss

If not, what will? Also, what is the part# for the cartridge that I will need?

Thank You.

Attachments

• IMG_2283.JPG
    IMG_2283.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_2286.JPG
    IMG_2286.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 641
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks